View Single Post
Old 29-09-2004, 05:46 PM   #2
Dovii

There are two types- one is from asia- indonesia, thailand I think, the other is South American- columbia.
They look alike- very much like the ecological equivalent developement in green tree pythons and green tree boas because they share the same habits and lifestyle.

I think violent goby is the south american type? Not sure. South american type more bluish purple shine on the body, asia type more alien looking - got albino one also- sunday market selling $20 each for albino one.

I think they are brakish water fish.
But I tried brackish water with sand, they burried themselves, but die after a while. So I try the standard south america black water type- OK leh, seems to do well.
I also not sure now- I thought brackish water = salt in water = high PH = not soft water = not black water?
They like blood worm more than fish, mine at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O sHiT iTs DiRt
unfortunately i havent had much success with them. beautiful mysterious goby species. heres a clip of them feeding. the article tries to demyth misconception abt violet gobies being fishes that swallows smaller fishes often, and the keeper is keeping them with sailfin mollies. any keepers who are currently keeping big specimens, pls share

http://www.fishtanksandponds.com/mov...goby_movie.htm