View Single Post
Old 14-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

1. Not really, since ur atman is 1200l/hr right? i suggest u get a bigger sunsun wavemaker.

2. My glosso(which is more light demanding then HC) is creeping nicely under 4x54watt T5HO for my 422, WPG rule is no longer accurate, too much light and u might have algae problems if u don't keep up with the Co2 and fert.

3. Since u are gonna remove it, why plant it in the first place? if you want some for nutrient suckers, try those super fast growing weed u often get when u purchase shrimps.

4. Yes, of course it can, but you will need lots of mesh and moss to fill up the back though.

And also, here are some of my own opinion..

1) Your rocks are too small to have any impact on your scape.. find something as big as your head for the main rock and some other smaller rocks as. But while having such a big rock, its gonna be damn heavy, you will need egg crates on the bottom of the tank to distribute the weight.

2) White sand will be VERY VERY hard to maintain, i foresee your sand turning brown when brown algae starts attacking your tank during the initial stage.

3) Use just 4x54watt T5HO or 6x54watt T5 if urs is not High Output, too much light and you need to keep up with the fert and co2, with your co2 tank being only 2l, it will run out very fast.. better change it to a 5l tank at least. And i noticed yours is a manual regulator co2 tank, Based on my personal experience, manual regulator either do not have a needle valve or maybe they have a lousy needle valve since the co2 output fluctuates alot. resulting in inconsistance co2 level and end up with lots of BBA.. i suggest u spend a little more and get a 5L set + solenoid regulator.

My 0.2cents bro.

Last edited by EvolutionZ; 14-03-2011 at 11:48 AM.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote