View Single Post
Old 19-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #54
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
JIG:

The Aquaclear's working out fine. It's really silent and clears up the tank really quick. My only beef is the Amazon Frogbits. Drives me nuts everyday. The frogbits have these really long and fragile roots that get easily torn off when they get snagged on my DW. The roots then get sucked into the filter inlet. As I wanted to have my filter inlet closer to the bottom of the tank, I used the extension intake tube provided with the Aquaclear. This resulted in me having 2 inlet sieves to unchoke as and when the roots get sucked into the intake tube, since the intake tube and inlet sieve are 1 complete unit. lol, I hope you get what I'm trying to describe. Will post pics when I get home after work today for better comprehension.

On a side note, i'm thinking of dismantling the rock shelter on the left side of the tank. Am just wondering what to do with that space though. The tank looks really bare with just the 1 DW and 2 nanas. Anyone has any suggestion?
Good to hear that Aquaclear filters live up to their name. Yeah, frogbits and duckweed have drove a lot of us nuts. I look forward to your pics.
Its a good idea to remove that rock. It does not look natural in my opinion. Get more wood and other kind of rocks to fill up that space.