View Single Post
Old 18-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
kitsilano

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisuretron View Post
Hi lion and westiee thks for sharing..my present fgt is white base, and 1 of my tvr is fading colour, dats y i'm wondering the white base affect its colour..
is there a need to paint it to dark green?
All living things for their survival sake will adjust their body shape or colour to blend with their environment. This is especially true with all water living things like fishes, eels, crabs etc etc. The basic reason is that they must not look too obvious to the bigger predator looking for food to eat....so they must adjust their colour to blend in with the environment they are in.

Using that rational...hope you understand the reason why fishes will look like losing colour when kept in white or lighter coloured tub. I have shown some bros who visted me when I take my black babies which are kept in black fgt and they are all charcoal black and when I put them in my white basin, they start getting lighter right in front of our eyes.

I do believe that there is a "basic colour strength" in all ranchu or any goldfishes for that matter and keeping them in different coloured environment will either enhance or diminish their colour intensity. So the same can be said of using colour enhancer in the food to intensify the fish colour...once that colour enhancing food is removed over time the colour of the fish will return to its original stage.

Growth to me IMHO is determined by space, grooming/feeding skill and water change.
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote