Thread: Chendol lobang.
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 01:09 AM   #18
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Hollywood was very good 30 yrs back, the first owner during the days of the old bedok interchange hawker centre. Still rem it stuck right at the front end.
first time I tried was indeed about 30 years ago. I made it a point to go eat or pack it when I'm in the area,till they sold off the business. I tried the new owners twice. Didn't like it as much.

And the hokkien prawn noodle next to them used to be one of the best when granny was cooking. Her son took over years ago and..... needless to say, it fades in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfav View Post
Famous one in Jonker Street is Jonker 88? Tried once only, pretty alright but I won't bother with the weekend crowd.

The other one sounds like Bibik House, first cendol I ever tried in Melaka.

The shop in Changi Village had good feedback before, went to take a look but didn't try.
Yes that Jonker 88 is popular with Singaporeans. But I never like it. The one I mentioned, I'm not sure of the name but it's more authentic, no gimmicks. Small shop and rather no unnoticed. I seriously itching to go n have it again
Likely plan to ride up one Sun to eat eat eat

Changi V I heard off too. Yet to try but I should try it top so I can see if it is good. Just that Changi V is in the far east corner. Won't make deliberate trip.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote