View Single Post
Old 25-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #67
Trick
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman View Post
Hi all! I'm pretty new to the forum, but for as long as I know, I've always had a thing for bettas, and that's about 20 years ago! quick background info: been away from SG for some time (14 years) and trust me, it's tough keeping bettas when the temp is around 17 degrees celcius all year round! Just moved back to SG, and the first thing i did was to drop by the local lfs to check out the betta scene.. oh boy, have things changed! back then, halfmoons were only available in pictures in the books i browsed at bookstores! VT/deltas and traditional plakats were all i had! bred a couple of deltas and was quite successful then.. but left for the US and haven't been able to since.. but i'm back now!

anyways, to cut my story short, been trying to keep tubi fresh for my bettas (i used to only feed tubi to my bettas, but conventional wisdom has thought me otherwise now!) and figured i'd share some input:

after buying tubi from lsf, i usually wash them a few times before letting them 'settle'.. once the water is noticeably clean, i drain them (with a clothe) and deposit them in a container. using only ktp water, i fill them enough to cover the surface, but not so that they're 'swimming' in the water.. been able to keep them this way for at least two weeks, with no smell whatsoever! kudos to the OP of this thread for trying this out! anyways, hope this was of help! cheers!
Best is to use aged water rather than direct tap water.
Trick is offline   Reply With Quote