View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #286
loveikan
Arofanatic

TEAM NEWS FOR THE MANCHESTER DERBY
ManUtd.com reporter Adam Marshall at Old Trafford. 9 November 2018 09:50 Share With twitter Share With facebook Share With whatsapp
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has provided an update on his squad plans ahead of the derby with City on Sunday.

There are no fresh injuries to contend with, despite the bruising encounter at Juventus in midweek, and there is a chance that Romelu Lukaku could return from his recent lay-off.

The Belgian striker did not make the trip to Turin but will hope to be involved in the Etihad Stadium clash, a key fixture ahead of another international break.
“No new injuries,” Mourinho told MUTV. “So from Juventus, we don't bring important injuries. We have 'touches' but I don't think any player that was available for Juventus will be out.

”We have a chance - it is Friday morning now - that Lukaku could be back.“

The boss is also pleased to be able to have experienced options on the bench again to help change a game - as was the case against Juve in midweek.

“I said in the home game against Juventus that I didn't make any change because there we no [experienced] attacking players on the bench,” he added. “It was really difficult with no Alexis [Sanchez], no [Marouane] Fellaini. Everybody was playing and I had no changes to do. A rich bench normally means points and, against Juventus, we had the bench that could help us change the game.”

With Juan Mata, Marouane Fellaini and Marcus Rashford all contributing to the remarkable late comeback at the Allianz Stadium, the manager has plenty of options at his disposal as he plans how to upset our in-form neighbours.

City will be without Kevin De Bruyne after he suffered another knee problem, with Nicolas Otamendi and Ilkay Gundogan, a scorer in this fixture last term, racing to be fit in time to feature. Claudio Bravo and Eliaquim Mangala are long-term absentees.

The Blues are top of the table and have hit six goals twice in the past week, in the convincing victories over struggling Southampton and Champions League opponents Shakhtar Donetsk.