View Single Post
Old 14-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #21
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nid View Post
Couple of questions,

1) If it turns ammonia straight into nitrogen, wouldn't the BB have no food to eat and die?

2) If there will still be ammonia for the BB to feed on, doesn't that mean that NO3 will still be present? If so, would it be fair to say that it just reduces the NO3 level and not completely removes it?

3)Since it depends on ammonia being changed to NO3 before the normal cycle can begin, I'm guessing it has to be place in the tank itself and not in sumps or IOS compartments.

Sry for so many noob questions, just like to know a bit more before I commit myself.
Hi,

1. Not all the ammonia are removed. That is the reason why we say that hydra 30 can be used for all tank system , including planted tanks where certain nutrients need to be available for the plants. At any time, there will be transient amount of ammonia in the water , as fishes all still defecating and thus,the BB will still be working.

2. It will remove all the nitrogen-based nutrients when it comes in contact with them, thus , it is fair that to state that it will completely convert the N-nutrients to nitrogen when it comes in contact with them. Like we have describe, there is still transient amount of N-nutrients always in the water. Unless, all the living organisms in the water are removed. All the graphs shows a certain concentration of N-nutrients still available in the water.

3. Hydropure technology will convert all N-nutrients to nitrogen gas when it comes in contact, it does not need ammonia to be converted to any secondary forms.

No worries bro, you are asking valid questions, pls feel free to come back to us, if you need any more info.

Cheers

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote