Thread: Cycle?
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2011, 04:19 AM   #1
dollsir

Default Cycle?

HI all,Pls advise

I have a mature 5x2x2 ft tank use to kept a aro.But due to the aro was a fussy eater and a jumper i decided to let go of it to the pond.I have always check water and the PH was always stable at 6-7 .No2 No3 was fine oso but the water clarity was not clear and green water.But for 1 good year i feel the fish is mot doing well therefore i gonna have another baby aro soon so my question as below before my new aro come into the tank.

Currently my tank is vacant ,fishless.So decide to cycle my tank again.I wash my filter,wash my biohome,but i throw away all my CR cos i feel my CR use for few years liao.So with new CR i set up my tank as usual,and i take reading everyday to ensure the day when my aro come in it will be safe and i also hope to see water clarity.

1st day
Put New CR,wash all my filter and biohome with tap water.antichlorine and set up.
Fill tank put Biomature Filter Start
Salt
Put 1 piece of MP

Reading
PH =7
Ammonia NO2 NO3= 0

2nd day
Put Nutrafin Cycle and another 1 piece MP only

PH= 5-5.5
Ammonia =0.25mg/L
NO2=0.1-0.3mg/L
No3=0

I know my tank is cycle only for 2 days,I know at least take weeks to wait for the Ammonia rise to highest and become NO2 then again become NO3 but my question is

1)am i doing the right thing??
2)Should i add in Nutrafin Cycle everyday?
3)And only 2nd day y my PH drop from 7 to 5?? very scary..How to make the PH stable huh?
4)And also mine is over flow system so every few days got to top up some water,so is it ok? when top up need add antichlorine?
5) so b4 the fish come.should i do WC?
6)How to achieve clear water?My aro tank always have bad clarity water but my tank of parrot which consist of 9 poo poo king,the water always clear.seldom sick only at times have white spot then on thermometer add salt for 1 week the most then ok.

Added advice will be appreciated..