Thread: The Rep System
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #22
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahl
John, there might be a case for knowing reasons if we are unsure why we are zapped. You can only modify behaviour if you know what behaviour is disapproved of. E.g. being zapped if you post something constructive as been mentioned. At least if we know the reason, and they are stupid or trivial, we can ignore the zap. But it could be for a good reason we are not aware of at the time of zapping.
actually we can see our user cp and see which post it has been zapped (usually those who add will give reason or name) ... u can almost certainly know the reason urself, but most times we'll choose not to see it ... and of cos post to ask and justify ourselves ... as for those tat u cannot see the reason, like wat u say, dismiss them as stupid or trivial ... if u see a systematic way of zapping urself, (like in ur case), eight zaps all within one minute of each other, u know i'll look into it ... although i dun reveal any names to you, i believe u know action has been taken

there's another case of a member being zapped badly ... and tat's because he posted for sales the same items in all the different forums ... as usual he choose not to see wat he has done and pm me .. but his reps were all zapped by different people, most dun give a reason but to me, its obvious its because of spamming