View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #63
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobmiyavi View Post
Hi Qian Hu Person In Charge,

I recently purchased a Hydra 50 for my 522 tank. I am currently running OHF on that tank at the moment, but I intend to use the Hydra 50 to supplement and further improve the water quality of the tank. I have a few questions to ask, don't mind if you can give me the appropriate answers

1. How often must I change the cata pure cartridge? In the instruction stated 1 year, however I am not going to use it as my primary filter, will the lifespan be longer? How will I know if it is time to change? Will there by any symptons given out by the fish or a change in water quality?

2. If I wanna test the water parameters, I am currently using API freshwater test kit to test the various parameters(PH,Ammonia,Nitrite,Nitrate). Will the test kit be able to measure the accurate elements even with the introduction of the Hydra?

Looking forward to your answers

Hi,

Thanks alot for your purchases.

1) The life span of the cata pure is 1 year and it is advisable to change it after 1 year of usage. So long as you are using it everyday be it primary or secondary filter, the life span will be the same as it is constantly producing hydroxide ions. There will not be any significant changes in appearance but you should be able to monitor a drastic change in water perimeter once the life span is up as during normal operation, the water perimeter will be quite consistent or only some slight deviation due to the constant bio load that is being release by the fish and fish foods

2) Hydra will helps to improve on the quality of the water perimeter with constant usage but it won't affect the accuracy of individual test kit that are being use to take the measurement.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote