View Single Post
Old 18-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #34
TOM32
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Uncle Tony, what if the spots is neither lines, paws, but some irregular shaped like diamond-shaped or triangular-shaped?
And it is white but just not that kind of total white but with some "shades" of grey?
Captive breeding has already gone into many generations in Taiwan, Thailand etc, crossing them and back again to pure and so on. Even some of the imported diamond rays look very pure but along the breeding lines, we are unable to know exactly what have actually happened. Breeders know best.
Even the wild caught bds - how to say they are not pure?

From my experiences, if you go for fully roundish spots and those points that Brother Uluaking have mentuoned - you will never be wronged. These roundish spots will turn into ecllips, donuts and if you are lucky, appearance of thousand island spots when they get matured.

I have no experience about diamond or triangular shapes, so it is not fair for me to comment. What i have seen with my breeding stocks are that the spots are more and usually roundish and are very white comparing with BDleo pups. I have one particular female which I bought her as wild caught diamond, occasionally has pups with not so roundish spots. I sold her pups at much lower pricing.

Having these points in mind, you have to make your own judgment and decide what you actually are looking for. Even very experience brothers here also have difficulty of confirming a 80% pure diamond.

Love the ray from how she looks and not because of her name. Decide how much to pay from her look rather than her name. Uncle's English very chimp ne.

Regards
TOM32 is offline   Reply With Quote