View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #77
chilicrabz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiidae View Post
If you have time, care to give more details pertaining to the above such as the head shape etc.. ? Thanks

What do you think that the parent should have done pertaining to the parental care ? from my pacman experience, removing or shifting (esp with siphon method) of the fries is always a risky business that usually leads to major lost or deformed fish. but I guess we don't have much choice sometime.

Those egg sac soon will be absorbed..most likely in another 2 days. what will you be feeding them with ?
The eggs shouldn't have been kicked out by the stress Male if his other ex-gf did not try to have a quickie with him. I presume that after the pair spawn and the Dad is trying to guard the eggs, his ex-gf tries to force her way into the cave, giving him a few bite marks on the back. Dad could be stress of this, thus kicked the whole bunch out.

I wished that Dad took care of them. Seriously, the number of casualties is very high in the artificial hatchery. Maybe in the next spawn, i make sure it just the 2 of them alone.

I will be trying to feed them micro pellet, to see how it goes. Any ideas what should i feed them with?
chilicrabz is offline   Reply With Quote