View Single Post
Old 18-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #71
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
Your drift wood is huge. Think it will take a long time before all the tannins disappear.
sigh.. yea bro.. i can expect it to last at least 6 months.. and i hope really just 6 months.. nothing longer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewpidity View Post
Awesome looking tank bro evo!

Btw I once had an issue with yellow water...but mine was due to my DW as I did not soak it prior to using it. I could not stand the yellow one bit and went to do some research.

Apparently, Seachem Purigen can remove the yellowish tint. It took mine 1 day before all the yellow tint is gone....mine was a 3footer though. You might want to check it out
Thanks bro!.. Cool.. i shall check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
just change water more often..
btw, get the crsytal tank from Dudu lar... since u can get a free one..
first month of set up i was changing 50% every 2 day.. dad was complaining super high water bill.. haha.. now im kinda used to this yellow water already..

yea.. i can get a free tank but i totally no space leh.. not even for a 5cm cube.. haha..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
Use carbon?
Used carbon for one whole week before and it didn't help. somemore it will suck my ferts up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
Use carbon will be a waste of ferts.
Yea bro.. agree. some more all my plants are fert hungry.. esp those ludwigia brevipis(those reddish stem plants).. an underdose of Po4 and i see all of them melting like mad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddyboi View Post
mine is also yellowish but not becos of my bogwood and driftwood as they have been soak for a 3 months in another tank before i shifted them over to the new tank..
hmm.. probably still leaking tanins bro.. i guess driftwoods are the only thing leaking yellowish tanins..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest1081 View Post
is that reflection or u really built a moss wall?
Hey bro, not really a moss wall lah bro.. just some left over Xmas moss on mesh i tied last month.. didn't had time to sell so kinda just leave it there to grow.. haha..

Last edited by EvolutionZ; 18-04-2011 at 11:31 PM.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote