View Single Post
Old 22-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #41
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
please pardon me, I have a few questions too

is there a reason why sunlight should not be mimicked ?? does this mean that arowanas in outdoor ponds that uses purely sunlight has a lower exposure to tanning than one that uses artificial lights tanning but done according to schedule ??

wat is the relation of kelvins to the tanning process ?? I have always thought tanning is through the wavelength of the lights, of perhaps 260nm - 400nm for UVB and UVA ...

since it is also known that glass filters away as much as 95% of the ultra violet rays, will tanning from the side then loses its desired effect ??
hmm...I know u would ask this question...

sunlight on one hand is the best we could get but if u notice the coloration tat comes from sunlight and comes from tanning is slightly different...

basically the difference is the amount of UV...sunlight has ample amount of it...but with a shorter span of time to exposure, its not quite possible to expect a fast conversion using sunlight

the second thing is about the UVB and UVA portion, although technically glass is able to block off the UV, how much of these UV are actually able to block?

LFor example if we were to wear sunglasses and get exposed over a long period under the UV radiation, is it true to say tat our skin under the sunglass is not going to get tanned? its just a matter of speed and effectiveness...

stimulation of the chromatophores is scientifically debatable and u could probably gathered all those involved in their experiment to put out their findings and we can get very vast diff in the argument

The kelvins part is the diff in the intensity of the light stimulation I gathered after trying to use the normal T8 (FL tubes) and compare the different Sunlight tubes (6500k), planted tubes (~7000k), 10k tubes, 12k tubes

and the results from the different tubes showed tat they varies accordingly to the color warmth

in terms of stimulation this is wat I perceives as the contrasting effect, the more the light tends towards the other side of the color spectrum the better is the effects in bringing the melanophores out...hence the deepening of colors