View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #82
Kingfisher

Default Just Sharing my Fish List

Got some time today so better get some of the promised stuff done. Today it’ll be a relatively short one I guess, just sharing the kind of food I feed to my fishes. I believe everybody are like expert here, so abit paiseh (shy). I usually feed twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. But I will still observe feeding behavior, water condition. Only during medication do feeding stop or is reduced. Water condition is always the main indicator for how much I feed. I try to give most of my fishes a variety of food. Some are standard, while others are special (like the Channa Barca, they are fed red crabs, crayfish, large ghost shrimp and sometimes when he’s in the mood market prawn). So feeding time are quite busy as there are like quite a few different setup to go through, my maids says it’s like working in a mini underwater world. Preperations are usually done and put in different “Tar Pao” ware (that’s what my maids call disposable plastic containers), different container for different tanks. Usually it takes about an hour, because we usually look through the tanks to see if there are any big chunk of waste and then remove them with a long net before feeding. There are some other variety of feeders that are not shown in the pictures, like small kois, red fish, mollies, guppies, frogs as they are not fed on a regular basis, I do not use goldfish as feeders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1f.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	252754   Click image for larger version

Name:	2f.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	252755   Click image for larger version

Name:	3f.jpg
Views:	223