View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Can across this interesting picture of a polypterus in a japanese website, can anyone tell if it's a nigerian or PBB?

Btw it's Congicus season now, hopefully our importers will bring in some for us.
Anyone got those long fin albino senegal recent batch last friday? I heard got a few very nice with super long fins. Post some photos to show lei
Seems like a PBB to me.

Anyway guys, I just saw my lapradei flipped belly side up and when I tried to help it back, it swam away in that tilted position. Currently, it's breathing heavily and remains in a slightly tilted position. It was fine yesterday and when I turned on the lights today, I saw it in a pretty awkward position but didn't think much into it, until my brother realised it flipped over! Tankmates are all bichirs of smaller sizes. No abnormality regarding the water condition and no other bichirs exhibit such a behavior. Also, large air bubbles escape from its gills and it curls up opposite side down occasionally. When it goes into this state, it is even possible for me to touch it with my bare hands, so you can imagine the seriousness of its condition. I desparately need some advices on how to save it, so please render any form of help you can. Thanks in advance