View Single Post
Old 22-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
kagemaru

Part 8: Secrets of light

Color Warmth

I will say this one time and one time only...mimic the sun is not wat the tanning regime should do

if u want to use sunshine --> 6500k is sufficient but it will take u long time to see the difference or rather not much difference if u are doing it at the wrong timing too

my preferred kelvins is > 10000k tats the range I operating on

Tanning duration:

Tanning is preferably be conducted over a period of 3 weeks minimum with 24 hrs full blast as the prime time zone...the initial startup phase will not be included...the initial phase will only lead the scales to slowly react to the effect of light

Tanning make use of light to stimulate the neurological emission of the color hormones

When to Stop:

The time to stop falls into 2 category:

1. Stress - if the red display too much stress and it has problems with coping with the extreme light...Do stop and go through ur checklist again and see wat needs to be finetune

a. Water? (check ur nitrates...if need wc do a 5%)
b. Timing? (is it the right time?)
c. Feeding? (Am I feeding too much?) Tanning and pumping cannot go hand in hand...there is only so much the red could do in a short span...concentrate on one task before trying to multitask the poor bugger

2. Enuff is Enuff - there is only so much to do to a specific level of color, there is an end to the tanning capability to push the colors...If users observe tat there are no "new" spots of colors appearing on rims or scales, its time to slowly step down the color intensity

Last edited by kagemaru; 22-09-2005 at 04:01 PM.