View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardric View Post
I got a few questions:

1) You said that if the organic capacity is within the capacity, the filter will work well. I guess the question is: Do you have any rough indication of how much is the organic capacity? And if it cannot handle my organic capacity, can i put in additional filters/media?

Different feeding habit, amount of feed and the number of fishes in the tank determine the amount of bio load in a fish tank. Regularly monitoring of the water perimeter is a safety measure to ensure that the organic capacity is of the safety perimeter. You may use additional filters with medias to help counter the bio load if it is way too high.

2) The flow rate is around 500l per hour, but it can handle 300l tank (as stated on your ad). The turnover rate is rather low. If I add in another filter, a cannister for example, and bringing up the turnover rate will there be problems?
Faster flowrate does not helps in breaking down the bio load faster as it need time for the organic waste to breakdown when it passes through the cata Pure. By using another filter, the flow rate will be determine by the filter pump therefore it will not change or affect the flow rate or efficiency of OF Hydra Pure.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote