View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #45
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
Sorry to bring out a old thread, w the above mentioned Filter box.
looks like a top and bottom inlet filtration system similar to a IOUS.

but i cant visual the above statement that "perfect for the overflow compartment" ... How?

as i using IOUS, i find the evaporation rate v high... maybe is that half my tank is using wire mesh... thus air evaporation is fast.

abt each day i need to top up 1.5L of water loss.
My sump last compartment drops about 6" of water in a week. Just enough drop to maintain the last compt water level above my pump inlet, prior to my weekly water change. I have a ventilation fan running 24/7 in my sump cabinet, but I use glass covers on my main tank. So it may be because of your wire mesh, that causes your high evaporation rate.

Regds to the statement "perfect for the overflow compartment", please read the full sentence... "For those with SIDE IOUS and sump system, this would be perfect for the Overflow compt." My tank is customised with a side IOUS rather than a corner IOUS. raising the the water level in that compartment can allow me to install this filter as an additional bio/mech filtration prior to water entering the sump compartment. Not sure on the size of a corner IOUS compt, since both my setups are side IOUS. Might or might not be able to fit this filter in.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote