Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
satan_gal
Dragon
 
satan_gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,709
Rep Power: 8
satan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personality
Reputation: 2976
Default Arowana Diet

Can share here what you guys feed your aro?

I had recently adopted a beauty and he's been eating very very well

Current diet :
Frozen bloodworm (Hurrah! Finally a fish tat appreciates it)
Frozen MP (loves it loves it loves it)
Pellets (previous diet)

No Kamikaze flying in recently so no way to test if fish likes roach.

My uncle is having problem wif his red thou..
initially feed superworms.. den dun wan jiak
Den feel feeder fish... den dun wan jiak
FINALLY now on frog... till the pampered one dun wan jiak again i guess...
Maybe i shd just go kapok all his superworm.. dun waste.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #2
harrysoo
Dragon
 
harrysoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,320
Rep Power: 4
harrysoo is well received in the communityharrysoo is well received in the communityharrysoo is well received in the communityharrysoo is well received in the communityharrysoo is well received in the communityharrysoo is well received in the communityharrysoo is well received in the communityharrysoo is well received in the community
Reputation: 932
Default

My one hor
main diet is mp stuff with pellets
when they behave well then will gv them SW/BF/Toman as treats

harrysoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 05:23 PM   #3
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123
 
streetsmart73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,845
Rep Power: 5
streetsmart73 is a famous personalitystreetsmart73 is a famous personalitystreetsmart73 is a famous personalitystreetsmart73 is a famous personalitystreetsmart73 is a famous personalitystreetsmart73 is a famous personalitystreetsmart73 is a famous personalitystreetsmart73 is a famous personalitystreetsmart73 is a famous personalitystreetsmart73 is a famous personality
Reputation: 1454
Default

gal, my 26", 7 yrs old aro is so stubborn.

Can starve it for 2 straight months still refused pork. Only take big mp not even the smaller ones

Pork and pellets for the 21", 3 yrs old xb & the other "la sup" 21", 9 yrs old goldie.
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 12:21 PM   #4
Aro77
Dragon
 
Aro77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 723
Rep Power: 2
Aro77 has many friendsAro77 has many friendsAro77 has many friendsAro77 has many friendsAro77 has many friends
Reputation: 431
Default

all my reds eat kunning with bone. the biggest red close to 30inches eats full kunning ( never cut )

at the same time i give them other fillets and whatever other meat i buy for my rays they eat also.
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #5
satan_gal
Dragon
 
satan_gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,709
Rep Power: 8
satan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personality
Reputation: 2976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysoo View Post
My one hor
main diet is mp stuff with pellets
when they behave well then will gv them SW/BF/Toman as treats

How do you like stuff MP with pellets sia

The hub was like - Let's Go Buy them some GS!!! over the weekend

And I was like - Ehh... NO. Here i have one tat eats everything the rest of the fishes dun eat... helping me to clear out the freezer... and there you are trying to spoil the fish!!

Later like my uncle one... reject all other food after having a taste of the good life...
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #6
matthew
Senior Dragon
 
matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,023
Rep Power: 6
matthew is a famous personalitymatthew is a famous personalitymatthew is a famous personalitymatthew is a famous personalitymatthew is a famous personalitymatthew is a famous personalitymatthew is a famous personalitymatthew is a famous personalitymatthew is a famous personality
Reputation: 1297
Default

stick with pellets...safest.
No worries of bacteria infection
matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 03:41 PM   #7
satan_gal
Dragon
 
satan_gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,709
Rep Power: 8
satan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personalitysatan_gal is a famous personality
Reputation: 2976
Default

Yesterday just introduced the new one a new diet (Coz FINALLY!!! My bloodworms has been used up! HURRAY!)

White Silver/bait fish
Took to it like nobody biz...

Now problem is how to stop the bugger from stuffing itself to bloat.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:29 AM   #8
Jackyyeow
Arofanatic
 
Jackyyeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 88
Rep Power: 2
Jackyyeow is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 37
Default

i starve my aro for 6month he still stubborn dont want to eat pellets...
Jackyyeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:59 AM   #9
Aro77
Dragon
 
Aro77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 723
Rep Power: 2
Aro77 has many friendsAro77 has many friendsAro77 has many friendsAro77 has many friendsAro77 has many friends
Reputation: 431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Yesterday just introduced the new one a new diet (Coz FINALLY!!! My bloodworms has been used up! HURRAY!)

White Silver/bait fish
Took to it like nobody biz...

Now problem is how to stop the bugger from stuffing itself to bloat.
is it possible for a fish to eat so much that it dies from bloat? recently i had 1 fish that was not doing so well in comm so i moved over to a FGT alone in which he strived, he would eat so much that i would get abit worried how can a fish eat so much, i was initially very happy that he was eating like that so i continued to feed and he really put on alot of size, After some time i decided it is time to control the feeding and so the bugger did really well.. finally he was bigger and stronger and so i reintroduced back to the comm, similar thing happened, he stopped eating for days. when i tried to catch out, he swam downwards against the net really hard and i just pulled him out with a good fight.. brought him back to separation in which his mouth area was injured. i just left him, changed water and maintained top parameters, it was only within 5 days that he started feeding again. however few days later he stopped eating and started parking against the tank wall. i realized he look-ed somewhat bloated and just continue to change water. few days later he just passed on...i was quite shocked..
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:53 AM   #10
denser
Dragon
 
denser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 626
Rep Power: 4
denser is well received in the communitydenser is well received in the communitydenser is well received in the communitydenser is well received in the communitydenser is well received in the communitydenser is well received in the community
Reputation: 603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
is it possible for a fish to eat so much that it dies from bloat? recently i had 1 fish that was not doing so well in comm so i moved over to a FGT alone in which he strived, he would eat so much that i would get abit worried how can a fish eat so much, i was initially very happy that he was eating like that so i continued to feed and he really put on alot of size, After some time i decided it is time to control the feeding and so the bugger did really well.. finally he was bigger and stronger and so i reintroduced back to the comm, similar thing happened, he stopped eating for days. when i tried to catch out, he swam downwards against the net really hard and i just pulled him out with a good fight.. brought him back to separation in which his mouth area was injured. i just left him, changed water and maintained top parameters, it was only within 5 days that he started feeding again. however few days later he stopped eating and started parking against the tank wall. i realized he look-ed somewhat bloated and just continue to change water. few days later he just passed on...i was quite shocked..
maybe it get shock and there is air in the stomach
denser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)