Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Adv

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #11
shalabin
Dragon
 
shalabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,484
Rep Power: 3
shalabin has many friendsshalabin has many friendsshalabin has many friendsshalabin has many friends
Reputation: 379
Default

Normally i will deshell all my prawns before feeding as my rays quite picky and will often leave the shell floating around in tank.

Thus to avoid all the hassle of scooping up the shell i normally just deshell the MP.

Cheers and regards
shalabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #12
Squid
Endangered Dragon
 
Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,952
Rep Power: 8
Squid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personality
Reputation: 1938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalabin View Post
Normally i will deshell all my prawns before feeding as my rays quite picky and will often leave the shell floating around in tank.

Thus to avoid all the hassle of scooping up the shell i normally just deshell the MP.

Cheers and regards
thanks tried feeding my rays some mp cut into small pcs but with shell on and they seem to have eaten the shell too.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:53 AM   #13
SantaMonicaHelp
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Rep Power: 2
SantaMonicaHelp is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
thanks tried feeding my rays some mp cut into small pcs but with shell on and they seem to have eaten the shell too.
Just out of curiosity, did the ray actually digest the shell? Or did it just come out as waste? I've seen some users say they leave the shell alone, and others say they eat the shell, so I'm wondering which one is considered the "normal" thing to do.

-Kamran
SantaMonicaHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 11:36 AM   #14
Squid
Endangered Dragon
 
Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,952
Rep Power: 8
Squid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personalitySquid is a famous personality
Reputation: 1938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaMonicaHelp View Post
Just out of curiosity, did the ray actually digest the shell? Or did it just come out as waste? I've seen some users say they leave the shell alone, and others say they eat the shell, so I'm wondering which one is considered the "normal" thing to do.

-Kamran
i tried with shells, my rays seem to have eaten and digested the shell too .
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 06:39 AM   #15
SantaMonicaHelp
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Rep Power: 2
SantaMonicaHelp is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
i tried with shells, my rays seem to have eaten and digested the shell too .
That would make sense. Though it kind of makes me wonder why the shell sometimes passes through...

-Kamran
SantaMonicaHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Adv


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)