Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 12-04-2006, 04:23 AM   #11
freezer0895

Hmm.. north side.. Y618 got alot.. should go there take a look.. ard 5-10mins walk from khatib mrt...
Old 12-04-2006, 02:52 PM   #12
Alphan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanng
i diy. brought from sim lim tower. 8 bucks each. slient.. they have those 3 bucks ones, but i tink is abit too small.. (sorry about it) go to the 3rd storey.. lots of dc fans.
Hi there,

U said you DIY your fan using DC brushless 12v cpu fans? do u run them DC or get ac-dc adaptor to run them?

any idea how much an adaptor like that cost?

I also thinking of getting a fan, but buy or DIY, depends.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #13
aqualover

sim lim tower's probably the cheapest if u want to DIY. But can be a little hassle when it comes to actually mounting it on top of your tank
Old 12-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #14
coryfav
Dragon

Shirley, since yours is a 1ft tank and you already have the light sitting there, maybe you'd like to go to those LFSs nearest your place and see what mini fans they've available.

I don't think the regular-sized ones can fit nicely. If they've the mini ones, I don't think they'll have many to choose from, anyway.
coryfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #15
Shirley

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfav
Shirley, since yours is a 1ft tank and you already have the light sitting there, maybe you'd like to go to those LFSs nearest your place and see what mini fans they've available.

I don't think the regular-sized ones can fit nicely. If they've the mini ones, I don't think they'll have many to choose from, anyway.
those minifan?

tot run by battery?

then enough?

i quite particular with the look of the whole tank....

scare not nice got something there hanging...
Old 12-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #16
cardinal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphan77
Hi there,

U said you DIY your fan using DC brushless 12v cpu fans? do u run them DC or get ac-dc adaptor to run them?

any idea how much an adaptor like that cost?

I also thinking of getting a fan, but buy or DIY, depends.
Adaptor costs abt $5 and above, depends on the max current. If you are considering connecting 2 fans then you have got to add up the current and find an adaptor that supports. I think a less hassle option is to go for AC fan. The cheapest I found was abt $12 at sim lim tower. But without clips, I find them too heavy to mount on tank and slightly noisy.
cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #17
Alphan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal
Adaptor costs abt $5 and above, depends on the max current. If you are considering connecting 2 fans then you have got to add up the current and find an adaptor that supports. I think a less hassle option is to go for AC fan. The cheapest I found was abt $12 at sim lim tower. But without clips, I find them too heavy to mount on tank and slightly noisy.
Hi,

thanks for the advice. Yeah i suspect AC fans to be quite noisy, esp if they are small. 12v DC fans should be good enough, and running them below their power would be ideal too, i dont want too powerful as i cant adjust the level.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:28 PM   #18
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

jebo F-6020 DC 12V fan. suitable for 1 ft - 1.5ft tank IMO.

available in eco culture and c328.

cost: roughly SGD$16.00
Ah_ZhaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #19
coryfav
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley
those minifan?

tot run by battery?

then enough?

i quite particular with the look of the whole tank....

scare not nice got something there hanging...
Also squarish like the normal aquarium fan, not unsightly ones. Should be electricity-powered.
coryfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2006, 01:30 AM   #20
reversebungee

i bought 3 12vDC fan at sim lim tower recently. $2 each.
The power i used is frm my scanner(those pc picture scanner), the adaptor provides 12vDC...
I tried it and the one lone adaptor can power 3 fans with no problem. Mayb there is slow in speed but, i didnt notice any lah.

the shop i got the fans is, I went down to b1 by stairs that leads to the outside, turn right, walk till the end. the shop got Blue color FL for their signage. The uncle autie very frienldy and helpful aso...
They hav those ac fan aso but, lik wat you guys said, big bulk noisy. Those DC fans cums in 3 sizes. the smallest one is a bit bigger then 50cents coin only.