Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Censis
Dragon

Default How do you store your MP?

His guys, just looking and hoping some of you can share how you store your MP in the freezer.. For me I put my MP in a tupperware and put in freezer, but found a problem is that when it's when I take out for feeding, it's frozen and all the MP sticks to each other like one whole big chunk. Very hard to hard out one MP, anyone can help me overcome this problem or have any methods to prevent this?
Thanks..
Censis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Azroy
Endangered Dragon

I do the same too, Feeding time i put them under running tap water for few mins. . .
Azroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
shaunwcl
Dragon

This is wat I do. After preparing all my mp, I put them in separate bowls of 20pcs each. Then all into freezer except one. This particular bowl is used for next feeding where I'll put at fridge with the mp soaked with water. After this bowl is used, I'll take down another bowl n defrost with same method for next day's feeding.
shaunwcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
Censis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azroy View Post
I do the same too, Feeding time i put them under running tap water for few mins. . .
I see.. Thanks for sharing.. Btw bro Azroy can I ask you some questions, cos I know you feed your orinos pellets. I'm currently feeding my orinos pellets now, thinking of feeding back mp as the cost for one packet massivore delight can buy around 4kg mp.. Does feeding mp compared to massivore affect growth rate a lot?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
shaunwcl
Dragon

Forgot to mention, as for mp heads, I'll feed them to my fishes in frozen form.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
Censis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunwcl View Post
Forgot to mention, as for mp heads, I'll feed them to my fishes in frozen form.
Is it advisable to feed mp heads? Will my fishes choke on it whatsoever? I'm feeding my orinos around 5".
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
xiaoqiang75

I'll put the portion tat i need in a few plastic bag n place it nicely in a Tupperware. so whenever i need juz grab a bag no need to defrost all
xiaoqiang75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
shaunwcl
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Censis View Post
Is it advisable to feed mp heads? Will my fishes choke on it whatsoever? I'm feeding my orinos around 5".
5" is too small to eat mp heads. I'm feeding mp heads n shelled mp to my teenage aros, ITs n PBs.
I'll prepare the MP heads by cutting the front n bottom parts away. Front parts starts from the eyes which includes the sharp thing the whiskers. Bottom ate all the claws.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
Censis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunwcl View Post
5" is too small to eat mp heads. I'm feeding mp heads n shelled mp to my teenage aros, ITs n PBs.
I'll prepare the MP heads by cutting the front n bottom parts away. Front parts starts from the eyes which includes the sharp thing the whiskers. Bottom ate all the claws.
I see.. Better not fees MP heads now what about the shell of MP? Is it neascessary to remove it?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #10
shaunwcl
Dragon

As for shells, you can try if your mp are small sized cos afterall 5" is still quite small. If they dun accept, they will either spit Out the whole thing, or cleverly deshell while munching n spit out the empty shells. For me I started feeding heads n shells when one fine day I got tired of deshelling, plus I find tat throwing away the heads is a big wastage. As such i decided to try. The PBs were minimum 7-8", ITs 6", aros 12-14" when I tried. To my delight, most take readily I oso includes lean pork n kunings in their diet.