Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 17-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #81
laodie
Senior Dragon

the SMRT chairman bowed and apologized, i didn't see KBW did that.
laodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #82
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by laodie View Post
Mr Kuek added that he takes full responsibility for the incident: "On behalf of all of us in SMRT, I apologise to members of the public who were affected by last weekend's disruption. We are all deeply pained by what happened."

SMRT CHAIRMAN APOLOGISES
Speaking before Mr Kuek, chairman of SMRT Corporation and SMRT Trains Seah Moon Ming bowed as he apologised to commuters.

Did not hear him apologise. He merely stated he was SORRY that it happened. Too "atas" to apologise la
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #83
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by laodie View Post
Cow would not lower its head if its don't want to drink water.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 01:57 PM   #84
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenghan View Post
Mr Kuek added that he takes full responsibility for the incident: "On behalf of all of us in SMRT, I apologise to members of the public who were affected by last weekend's disruption. We are all deeply pained by what happened."

SMRT CHAIRMAN APOLOGISES
Speaking before Mr Kuek, chairman of SMRT Corporation and SMRT Trains Seah Moon Ming bowed as he apologised to commuters.

Did not hear him apologise. He merely stated he was SORRY that it happened. Too "atas" to apologise la
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
Cow would not lower its head if its don't want to drink water.
Sorry or Apologize, both are about the same. I don't see anything wrong.

I am sorry I did wrong.
I apologize I did wrong.

How different are the 2? I feel "Sorry" is more sincere while "Apologize" is more general. So KBW did right if he said "I am or we are Sorry", while chairman bow and apologise. Both are very meaningful in acknowledging the problem.

This would be deem the first time I felt a sincerity from PAP Minister. When MSK escape, were those involved as sincere? I don't remember since it was quite long ago.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #85
hkh
Arofanatic

Didn't Khaw say in olden Japan.......those did wrong would conduct some rituals ??
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #86
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Sorry or Apologize, both are about the same. I don't see anything wrong.

I am sorry I did wrong.
I apologize I did wrong.

How different are the 2? I feel "Sorry" is more sincere while "Apologize" is more general. So KBW did right if he said "I am or we are Sorry", while chairman bow and apologise. Both are very meaningful in acknowledging the problem.

This would be deem the first time I felt a sincerity from PAP Minister. When MSK escape, were those involved as sincere? I don't remember since it was quite long ago.
You got it wrong. It is not abt the word or term used.
I am refering to Laodie's psoting that Khaw did not bow and apologise.
Old 17-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #87
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
“The incident on the evening of October 7 was preventable…We are all sorry that it did. (But) if you ask me, it’s too embarrassing to even talk about it. It is so simple that it should not have happened…yin gou li fan chuan,” said Khaw, using a Chinese proverb that means failing at a simple task.
Quote:
You got it wrong. It is not abt the word or term used.
I am refering to Laodie's psoting that Khaw did not bow and apologise.
Ok I missed the point.

But if we look at what KBW said in the press conference, I think it is already very unprecedented coming from PAP end.

I don't quite expect him to bow and apologise. I find his words in the above passage, already very surprising and gone further than saying sorry when he used such strong words that too embarrassing to even talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
Didn't Khaw say in olden Japan.......those did wrong would conduct some rituals ??
I didn't quite like KBW for this guy is jinx whenever he opens up his mouth. He does not know when to say the right things and frequently ends up not being able to live up to it.

But in this most recent incident, his response and chosen words came as a total surprise. For once I'm quite impressed with his handling.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 04:17 PM   #88
loveikan
Arofanatic

Their Chairman not so bad with his apology folloed by a bow.
Though still can sensed his discomfort because it is not the culture and a rarity in this part of the world.
Old 17-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #89
loveikan
Arofanatic

Read the paper that the bonus of that dept would be affected while the head kena chopped.
Useless to blame on the predecessors AGAIN since the public were already highlighted during SAW's post- departure.

Do you think they are missing the point.
Normally when the mgmt knew abt the problems after a post mortem done much earlier, think was after Saw left.
Don't you think the CeO and the mgmt must focus on this shortfalld and followed up closely. Not just leaving it to the HOD to do the rectification works.
I meant where the is reporting line to update on the progress until reaching a more acceptable level that is within a benchmark set as a result of the post mortem.
Yes i totally agreed it is kot a easy task but isn't this the most findamental of mgmt when a new CEO step in to steady a troubled firm over in the infrastructure problem sich as the PM as in the case of SMRT.
Old 17-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #90
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:
No need la.
Just visit and learn from the HK system will be suffice though they got a hiccup this year.....the first after a looooooonnnnnng period.
sin paper scholars kosong speaking canto, how to learn.

First, learn to be humble & accept the fact that the top sucks big time.

Second: stop blaming others especially the ground maintenance crew.

Third: hara kiri the cow.
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote