Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 21-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #161
Spakase

Quote:
after running denitrator for 3 months, there wasn't much slim when i opened it up. does it mean the denitrator is tuned correctly? output of denitrator is 0mg/l ammonia and nitrate.
Sounds good, but your Denitrator only has bioballs? what kind of pump did you use to control the flow rate? You are using this Denitrator on your aro tank?

Quote:
Peter .. IMO, siporax and biohome are better biological filter material for all internal, external and trickle filter systems than sponge or bioballs.
This is a diff view from Atom, but you're using diff system? Yours are using sulphur beads? Really must see your Denitrator sometime, and Bro Octane's as well, and of course Atom.
I'd be quite keen to have it if I can fully understand all the risks.

Last edited by Spakase; 22-10-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old 22-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #162
Sunburst

Quote:
Peter .. IMO, siporax and biohome are better biological filter material for all internal, external and trickle filter systems than sponge or bioballs. UnQuote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post

This is a diff view from Atom, but you're using diff system? Yours are using sulphur beads? Really must see your Denitrator sometime, and Bro Octane's as well, and of course Atom.
I'd be quite keen to have it if I can fully understand all the risks.
All discussions are referenced to a freshwater setup upkeeping and fyi, prior to converting a Tangan setup to Marine, I had experienced success using Siporx as a media in a Schuran Nitrate filter.

Unfortunately .. the time was too short to be conclusive unless for a year or longer ie only 6 months in operation before mod Tangs_Rule came and sapoo all the Tropheus away.
Old 22-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #163
Spakase

That's quite exciting news. But I'm not sure if it can tackle the humongous nitrate produced by monster tanks like mine. I'm hoping it'd be a small unit I can tuck into my cabinet next to the sump. Must go and see your setup!
Old 22-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #164
WaterZoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane View Post
after running denitrator for 3 months, there wasn't much slim when i opened it up. does it mean the denitrator is tuned correctly? output of denitrator is 0mg/l ammonia and nitrate.
That's correct.
Old 22-10-2007, 10:49 PM   #165
octane
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Sounds good, but your Denitrator only has bioballs? what kind of pump did you use to control the flow rate? You are using this Denitrator on your aro tank?

only bioballs and deniballs inside the denitrator. only pump is a 1200l/hr external circulating pump. flow rate is controlled by valve at outlet initially. now just let it free flow as the solenoid will control cut in and out of the denitrator. water being drawn from main tank by siphoning.
octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #166
Spakase

Bro Octane, any chance to see your setup?
Old 24-10-2007, 12:16 AM   #167
Lonerboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Because your denitrator is 1.5 times bigger than NR1000.
Ooo... no wonder mine so much slime. So small yet i feed so much carbon. =x

Envy siah~ when u building and selling another prototype? I wan buy
Old 24-10-2007, 12:40 AM   #168
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerboi View Post
Ooo... no wonder mine so much slime. So small yet i feed so much carbon. =x

Envy siah~ when u building and selling another prototype? I wan buy
Soon. After the canister (half way there), the denitrator version 2 will proceed. It should be a very user friendly denitrator. Hmmm currently not for sale lah.
Old 24-10-2007, 02:51 AM   #169
Spakase

Quote:
the denitrator version 2 will proceed. It should be a very user friendly denitrator.
any hints as to what it will be?
Old 24-10-2007, 03:10 AM   #170
atom

Quote:
any hints as to what it will be?
The size is still similar. Top and bottom will be replaced by screw caps for ease of maintenance. Re-circulation pump will be down from 1200 l/hr to 700 l/hr. Input hose will still remain as 4mm but output hose will be increase to 8mm.

Advantages of version 2

- ease of maintenance
- improve performance
- choke-free (hopefully)