Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 18-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #41
Silverstars
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sALmoN@home View Post
For your case, most possible reason is they never bag the fish properly causing it to thrash and injure itself internally. Large fishes like pbs and kbls are susceptible to injuries from stress and improper handling. Some people who like to go fishing will know this.
Thks for your input, cos

3 of large pb were place in the same holding bag , thats why i tot should be lack of oxygen
Silverstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #42
tohet2000
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstars View Post
Thks for your input, cos

3 of large pb were place in the same holding bag , thats why i tot should be lack of oxygen
if this is the case is properly lack of oxygen and over stress when transferring. 3 large PBs and water in a bag isn't light , got to be very careful.
tohet2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #43
tank_maker

AFC Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckyeo148 View Post
Tank maker is the victim if he pay 50% compensation.
Hope ENov accept our apology for not doing a proper ytank change over.

I feel indebted to eNov through I paying 50% for the ray.
Indeed eNov and his fambily were very reasonable customer that they did start the point of demanding compensation despite mistake been done.

I was shocked to see the 3rd ray struggling in the quarantine tub when returning to the site, with the help of eNov, we managed to put it back to the main tank. By then, it was ok. Thus we start to learn that PH shock.

Last edited by tank_maker; 18-12-2012 at 11:12 PM.
tank_maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #44
tohet2000
Dragon

i believe all 3 parties is responsible . Gerald should warn eNox abt the new tank and it's silicon and media . Sgbros shouldn't rush in their work, especially in transferring fishes. eNox should have supervise . It is okay that they help to catch the fishes but it will be better if eNox had done the acclimatize himself. This is just my personal point of view from the whole incident which i read. feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
tohet2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #45
KoheiRokusaburo
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohet2000 View Post
i believe all 3 parties is responsible . Gerald should warn eNox abt the new tank and it's silicon and media . Sgbros shouldn't rush in their work, especially in transferring fishes. eNox should have supervise . It is okay that they help to catch the fishes but it will be better if eNox had done the acclimatize himself. This is just my personal point of view from the whole incident which i read. feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
How long do we have to rinse the tank so be safe? I just got a new tank too
KoheiRokusaburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #46
tank_maker

AFC Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohet2000 View Post
The view is right.
In the area of new tank, there should not be silicon smell if 100% aquarium silicon is used and is fully cured.
If strong smell is encounter when tank receive, it is highhly
- the silicon is not fully cured. Silicon take several days to cure under right atmosphere.
I have seen some aquarium maker wrap up the tank after siliconing so that no dust will go in. However by doing that, the air is saturated with silicon additive, thus prolonging the cuing process.
- not the 100% aqurium silicon used. The fish will stuff forever even the tank is cycled.

Last edited by tank_maker; 18-12-2012 at 11:37 PM.
tank_maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #47
ah^|eong

if you are not blaming anyone, then i don't see a need for you to post this here.

1. it shd be a common sense thing that changing from 4ft to 6ft involve lots of new water, y do you take the risk? did they mention the risks before you buy the tank? did they mention the risks before they start? or you left with no options but to do this transfered?

2. you mentioned you added the anti-chlorine yourself with kiasu dosage, and the rays suffer from ph shock n chlorine burn. does that mean you kill your own rays yourself? or r u trying to tell us that prime is not as useful as we think?

3. if tank maker is the main contractor, y didn't he prepare an indemnity form?

4. there are so many farms around, y don't you hire them instead as they are handling fishes everyday. anyone can intro any farms that provide this services?

5. i suggest that in future those who need fish transfer services to post on forum, i believe with so much experts members commenting they should be able to help out for free. or they just know how to comment?

i don't represent anyone, just my 2 cents view..
Old 19-12-2012, 04:35 AM   #48
eNox
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mictok View Post
Sorry for your loss and it is a nice setup just below the window for some natural light to shine thru.Hope you can get more nice rays to keep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysoo View Post
So sad to hear of your losses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
Sad to hear of the loss of your two rays and thanks for sharing your experience. I guess no one intend to see this happened and this is really suay. Hope you will get over this sadness soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wei_yuan86 View Post
So sorry to hear about this.
I hope you get some answers soon from the related parties and move on the bigger and better things in future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtanpatrick View Post
Sorry for your loss bro...hope you will get over this soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Sorry to hear this bro. Hope you can get over it and find time to do some shopping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tian ya ren View Post
bro sorry for your loss .
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuNA View Post
Sorry about your loss.
The reply from sgbros sound very arrogant by the way you put it.
As professionals, leaving before making sure everything is okay is not very responsible.

Let's see if there will be replies from the other parties involved before jumping onto conclusions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
When sgbros did the same for me, they gave me an indemnity form to sign.
My condolences on the loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
I feel for ur loss bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.gabanz View Post
you must be very frustrated..
sorry for your loss..
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoheiRokusaburo View Post
Sorry for your loss. It's heartpain to see a beloved pet die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsheng View Post
soz on your loses too ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyunus View Post
Rays are very sensitive to water parameters,when ur old tank water mix with new old ph lvls becomes unstable thus creating swings..burned rims of rays is prove of ph burns...i would hv used toyogo box to house rays for afew days,and add new tank water over a few weeks...than add into main tank.Well i guess its a painfull experience n i'm so sorry for your loss...lost my tiger ray in the same situation 5yrs back when i moved house n tanks..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Sorry for the loss, but transferring fish in same day, when new tank in, is not a gd idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroHaji View Post
Sorry for your loss bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalabin View Post
Srry for ur loss bro...i got my tank from gerald too as i was trading in my old tank set made by him too. I managed to get him to let me use the old tank set for another few weeks while i cycle my new tank.

from what i see is that the old tank water and media is not sufficient for the new tank and when the rays are added in...tragedy happened.

just my 2 cents view
Thank you for your concern.
eNox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #49
eNox
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediacraze View Post
Bro, sorry for your lost....

However, doesn't new tank all have strong silicon smell?
Is it safe to transfer fish over new tank with the silicon smell in the first place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt168 View Post
Sorry for your loss, bro

I'm not sure how they got rid of the silicon smell before they transport your new tank over?

when I go my new tank, I need to run empty with just water and draining out dry everyday for 3 days just to get rid of the smell.
I hope tank_maker reply answer your question , im not really sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limrr View Post
If new tank, I think it is a must to circulate first and put some cheapo fish to try first. What about other fish ? Are they okay ?
Yea , the other fish are doing fine from what i am seeing. Thanks for the concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnet88 View Post
They gave me an indemnity form to sign too.
I was quite shock to receive it.
Sound like they are not responsible if any fishes dead.
So i asked them to fill the tank with old water.
And put in the fishes then I very slowly added new tap water myself.

Imo, Some of the men are rushing their job.

My condolences on the loss.
Yea , i felt that it was very rush too. Gerald thought that they would end at 4-5 pm however they completed in 2.30pm and when gerald asked why they left so early. They said it is impossible to stay till 4+. Thanks for your concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Sorry for the loss, but transferring fish in same day, when new tank in, is not a gd idea
Thanks for your concern , first time new tank , had to learnt it the hard way...
Old 19-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #50
eNox
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by azon View Post
sorry for your loss.. I never leave transfering of big rays even to my worker..
Quote:
Originally Posted by naser90096 View Post
sorry for ur loss bro...
i would also personally supervise all transfering of fishes in my care myself... but things sometimes happen that u can't control ..

Move on and come back stronger..
Yea , learnt it the hard way... Thought i could trust them.. guess not...

Thanks for the concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidd View Post
Actually, since we know that PH shock is most likely what kill the rays, there shouldn't be need to talk abt new tank or not as the reason for death for this case is not acclimatizing the rays properly before release. This is both SG bro worker's fault for rushing and owners fault for not supervising.
Yea , should have supervise....