Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 19-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #51
eNox
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckyeo148 View Post
Tank maker is the victim if he pay 50% compensation.
Regarding this , i still have to thank Gerald(tank_maker) for willing to pay 50% even though most of the fault does not lies on him and this help me lessen my loss.
eNox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #52
eNox
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstars View Post
Sorry for your loss bro

3 weeks ago,1 of my 13" orino died too after they did a double transfer of my tank, water and fishes (shifting of location a few meters away)

2 hours after they left,up lorry liao, sigh, using back everything also die
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstars View Post
Can any bro tell wat is the possible cause ?
Stress to death ? Lack of oxygen while in the holding bag ?
Sorry for your loss too bro , big pb is very sensitive when being transported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sALmoN@home View Post
For your case, most possible reason is they never bag the fish properly causing it to thrash and injure itself internally. Large fishes like pbs and kbls are susceptible to injuries from stress and improper handling. Some people who like to go fishing will know this.
Yea , agree.
Old 19-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #53
eNox
Arofanatic

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah^|eong View Post
if you are not blaming anyone, then i don't see a need for you to post this here.

1. it shd be a common sense thing that changing from 4ft to 6ft involve lots of new water, y do you take the risk? did they mention the risks before you buy the tank? did they mention the risks before they start? or you left with no options but to do this transfered?

2. you mentioned you added the anti-chlorine yourself with kiasu dosage, and the rays suffer from ph shock n chlorine burn. does that mean you kill your own rays yourself? or r u trying to tell us that prime is not as useful as we think?

3. if tank maker is the main contractor, y didn't he prepare an indemnity form?

4. there are so many farms around, y don't you hire them instead as they are handling fishes everyday. anyone can intro any farms that provide this services?

5. i suggest that in future those who need fish transfer services to post on forum, i believe with so much experts members commenting they should be able to help out for free. or they just know how to comment?

i don't represent anyone, just my 2 cents view..
1. if you have read about the part that im not blaming anyone , you would probably have read about the part where i said that im just trying to share my experience and warn the others so that they would not experience the same thing like me again.

2. What Im trying to say is anti-chlorine takes time to react with the water and ample aeration help the process.

3. This is my first time having a new tank and the first time getting fish transferred by somebody else. Regarding why he did not give me , i dont know.

4. Dude ... Sgbros handle fish every day too . even if they did not do it daily they at least do it once a week. They were suppose to be professional about this that is why they were paid to do this. They are to deliver the tank to my house and their sale also offered fish transfer therefore gerald paid/hire them. Why would i want so many people in my house by hiring the farm guys? You also do not know whether is there such service when you ask me this type of question...

5. What is your problem? I had friends who was willing to help me out on that day however i felt bad and gerald had already hired the sgbros who was suppose to be "professional" about this . And what do you even mean by this?
Quote:
5. i suggest that in future those who need fish transfer services to post on forum, i believe with so much experts members commenting they should be able to help out for free. or they just know how to comment? .
Is it wrong to give a helpful comment? Do you think people are that free? especially in a country like Singapore?
Old 19-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #54
ah^|eong

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNox View Post
1. if you have read about the part that im not blaming anyone , you would probably have read about the part where i said that im just trying to share my experience and warn the others so that they would not experience the same thing like me again.

2. What Im trying to say is anti-chlorine takes time to react with the water and ample aeration help the process.

3. This is my first time having a new tank and the first time getting fish transferred by somebody else. Regarding why he did not give me , i dont know.

4. Dude ... Sgbros handle fish every day too . even if they did not do it daily they at least do it once a week. They were suppose to be professional about this that is why they were paid to do this. They are to deliver the tank to my house and their sale also offered fish transfer therefore gerald paid/hire them. Why would i want so many people in my house by hiring the farm guys? You also do not know whether is there such service when you ask me this type of question...

5. What is your problem? I had friends who was willing to help me out on that day however i felt bad and gerald had already hired the sgbros who was suppose to be "professional" about this . And what do you even mean by this?

Is it wrong to give a helpful comment? Do you think people are that free? especially in a country like Singapore?
sorry if you think i had offended you. this is a forum, everyone post openly for sharing. i'm not blaming anyone but i also hope ppl will share some answers or lobangs from what i comments not only from you.
Old 19-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #55
tco
Dragon

Sorry for your loss TS.
U've a nice tank and interesting low sump. If can show a pic of the sump with the cabinet door open will be great.
tco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #56
spottyfish

Very sad to hear something like this
Old 19-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #57
hongzai
Arofanatic

Sad to hear such a thong happen bro. hope you can get over it soon and i know it will take a long time to forget this incident. i also have a friend who lost his juvenile rtg when the sgbros helped him move his tank to his new house. and the distance is not far..
hongzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #58
Lex
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNox View Post
Yea , learnt it the hard way... Thought i could trust them.. guess not...

Thanks for the concern.

Yea , should have supervise....
Bro, don't be hard on yourself, sH1t happens, we feel it full force and move on after a while.. Its hard to "supervise" professionals, tank maker has shown great honor in his actions and backing of quality for his product, I'm definitely using him next, sg bros do so many of this type of "transactions", it's hard to maintain a perfect 100% record of safely moving fish, I don't think anyone in the world can really claim that, you on the other hand could have thought of ways to better the process if you had known what to expect in terms of how its done, and since this is probably your first time, how to know bro?? So don't blame yourself either..

I guess the entire situation could have been better handled from the beginning, but it is now past bro, my condolences for your loss... truly bittersweet, I know the feeling

in short..

-I've never been a client of tankmaker, though that is set to change in the near future

-will still continue using sg bros services, because they really are good at what they do,imho, we don't have to worry that they might damage the tank at any point or weaken the structure in the process of moving (I know timing is really important for these guys so I try my best to accommodate their "system" of work flow,ie- dry tank especially! ) Don't rule out future use of their service bro. Advantages like this are a peace of mind when you wonder about a tanks sustainability a few years down the road.. this was just a tragic episode.

-I'm also going to be moving some fish soon, planning to upgrade the tank... thank you for sharing your experience, this will keep me on my toes during the process.. Many times we loose our beloved fish because we thought of doing something but ended up not.. other times we do too much, both ways fish up-lorry.. Happens to the best of us...

Hope you feel better soon bro.. cheers

Last edited by Lex; 19-12-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Hope :)
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #59
maffia_2010
Arofanatic

Bro ,sorry for ur loss. when it comes to ur own fishes guess you are the most expert. Take it as a lesson learnt, come back stronger
maffia_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #60
maffia_2010
Arofanatic

Quote:
if you are not blaming anyone, then i don't see a need for you to post this here. Forum is only for complaining or blaming ppl?? TS is sharing his experience

1. it shd be a common sense thing that changing from 4ft to 6ft involve lots of new water, y do you take the risk? did they mention the risks before you buy the tank? did they mention the risks before they start? or you left with no options but to do this transfered? what common sense you talking abt? sometimes its abt experience also.

2. you mentioned you added the anti-chlorine yourself with kiasu dosage, and the rays suffer from ph shock n chlorine burn. does that mean you kill your own rays yourself? or r u trying to tell us that prime is not as useful as we think? TS just shared what on he did on that day. so lets nt assume

3. if tank maker is the main contractor, y didn't he prepare an indemnity form? you shd ask tankmaker not TS. i dont think TS even know abit its existence

4. there are so many farms around, y don't you hire them instead as they are handling fishes everyday. anyone can intro any farms that provide this services? If sg bros not expert , i dont know who else is

5. i suggest that in future those who need fish transfer services to post on forum, i believe with so much experts members commenting they should be able to help out for free. or they just know how to comment?
why dun u get the ball rolling by starting it 1st. the way u comment u seem like an expert to me
i don't represent anyone, just my 2 cents view..
I also dun represent anyone...jus my 3 cents...:D
maffia_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote