Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Flowerhorn Forum

Old 19-09-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
Intimacyr

Default Recommend reputable breeder / LFS

Hi all FH experts here, I am new to the hobby, after reading alot in the forum, i am currently cycling my 3ft tank, now into the 6th day of cycling with ammonia level currently at 0.5-1.

I know i still have a long way to go, I am looking around for good breed FH, preferably short body with nice color and kok (no need that kind of super humongous ones).

After surfing for a long time, i realized that i cant find any reputable SG breeders online. Many are from M'sia and Thailand.

I chanced upon a shop at upper thomson road near HANS, they sell quality FH.

I was thinking if i have any other choice? any recommendation for reputable SG breeders or LFS?

TIA!
Intimacyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 10:38 PM   #2
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Welcome.

To be frank, Good quality must pay high price. Everywhere same.

Singapore can find 2/3 good breeders. Many are overseas cos bigger market.

Go to FCHS club Facebook look see look see

Know what you want then buy

Last edited by Angsua; 20-09-2017 at 10:42 PM.
Angsua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 01:35 AM   #3
Intimacyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angsua View Post
Welcome.

To be frank, Good quality must pay high price. Everywhere same.

Singapore can find 2/3 good breeders. Many are overseas cos bigger market.

Go to FCHS club Facebook look see look see

Know what you want then buy
Hmm.. thank you for the reply.. when u say high price, it's very subjective. I don't need comp grade fish but those that catch my attention, fish size like 2-4inches, what price will I be looking at? I saw some thai breeder selling about USD100-200, those look very good to me, but can't seems to find any reviews, don't dare to pull trigger. is FCHS short form? I can't seems to find anything in FB using FCHS.
Old 21-09-2017, 02:03 AM   #4
leezhengxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimacyr View Post
Hmm.. thank you for the reply.. when u say high price, it's very subjective. I don't need comp grade fish but those that catch my attention, fish size like 2-4inches, what price will I be looking at? I saw some thai breeder selling about USD100-200, those look very good to me, but can't seems to find any reviews, don't dare to pull trigger. is FCHS short form? I can't seems to find anything in FB using FCHS.
FHCS - Flowerhorn Club Singapore.

花有重开日,人无再少年
leezhengxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #5
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Do u mean review of fish or seller? Fish is individual, if u like the fish, u pm the thai Seller and case close.

Now u are buying something that u like, and also willing to pay. US100-200 worth of fish is already good for you.

Comp fish is a different discussion.
Old 21-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #6
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
General rule, don't hope of a relative low price fish turn into a widely accepted nice fish unless you are very skilful in choosing and taking care (which takes long time experience and not even the seller). You decide which to buy so u won't blame anyone.

Last edited by Angsua; 21-09-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 21-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #7
CZQ
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hi all FH experts here, I am new to the hobby, after reading alot in the forum, i am currently cycling my 3ft tank, now into the 6th day of cycling with ammonia level currently at 0.5-1.

I know i still have a long way to go, I am looking around for good breed FH, preferably short body with nice color and kok (no need that kind of super humongous ones).

After surfing for a long time, i realized that i cant find any reputable SG breeders online. Many are from M'sia and Thailand.

I chanced upon a shop at upper thomson road near HANS, they sell quality FH.

I was thinking if i have any other choice? any recommendation for reputable SG breeders or LFS?

TIA!
This shop mostly selling fh. Can try yun feng. Saw quite a numbers there. Should be from Thailand.
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #8
Intimacyr

Thanks all for your replies.

When I say reviews, I meant the seller from Thailand or Malaysia, I don't wanna send money already, they send me dead fish or send me a fish that is not what I choose. That's why I hope that I can get a reputable sellers, breeders from all the kind experts here.

After reading quite a bit and looking at the fishes posted for sales, I have a special liking for King Kamfa, those that blink blink a lot, with a bit of Kok. I enquired from the seller who is from Thailand and was quoted USD230 including shipping to trans shipper in sg. However, when I dig further to find reviews for the seller, I found some bad reviews in aquabid on the seller, this makes me very uncomfortable.

The search continues.......... hope that bros here can give advice and recommendations.
Old 21-09-2017, 03:05 PM   #9
Intimacyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZQ View Post
This shop mostly selling fh. Can try yun feng. Saw quite a numbers there. Should be from Thailand.
I went down to both places, at yun feng, really nothing caught my eyes. But at the one at Upper Thomson, I liked 1 fish very much but was turned off by the price they quoted, I felt that it's very over priced. (Don't quote me, maybe I am still very noob in telling what is a "valuable" fish)
Old 21-09-2017, 05:52 PM   #10
CZQ
Arofanatic

Quote:
I went down to both places, at yun feng, really nothing caught my eyes. But at the one at Upper Thomson, I liked 1 fish very much but was turned off by the price they quoted, I felt that it's very over priced. (Don't quote me, maybe I am still very noob in telling what is a "valuable" fish)
Ic. Most lfs have few choices. Can walk around and see. If you not comfortable with the price, then look elsewhere.
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote