Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 23-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
alvloh

Default Journal of my 1st 6ft planted

My 1st attempt for 6ft planted.
Really newbie for planted tanks and all I know is we will need soil, T5 lights, CO2 and Chiller(For greener plants).

My initial mentality was if want to do might as well do a 6ft rather than start with a smaller tank and move on to upgrade..... I think I was wrong as it really required alot of works and $$$$.....

Anyway already committed and here it goes...

My tank brought 2nd hand from a fantastic bro here...alot of free gifts to me also....delivered to my home on the 10th Feb 2011.
Other than thinking the height of the stand is abit too high....no complains for the tank....
Old 23-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
alvloh

P/s: how can I post Pics from Photobuckets? I had already post more than 10 but still can't add pics....

Advise needed.....tks in advance....
Old 23-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

just copy the whole img code and paste here..
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
alvloh

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
just copy the whole img code and paste here..
This is the error msg I got when I wanted to submit the posts....

The following errors occurred with your submission:
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 10 posts or more.
Old 23-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvloh View Post
This is the error msg I got when I wanted to submit the posts....

The following errors occurred with your submission:
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 10 posts or more.
Then you have to make 10 post to be able to post pic i guess.. But please do not spam post.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
alvloh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
Then you have to make 10 post to be able to post pic i guess.. But please do not spam post.
Pai Say....It's my reputation that is 10.... I tot I had already posted 10...will update the pictures later once I have reach 10....

Pai Say.....
Old 23-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
af2373

bro, u r bold....thumbs up for u. first attempt n u go for 6ft.

some thoughts from my earlier experience in keeping planted, technically a larger tank is easier to control in terms of PH etc. but bigger tanks also require a lot more plant mass else u will hv problems. my bro in law did a 5ft on his first attempt, he failed quite badly. his proportion of plants vs tank size was not there. his choice of plants also also wrong, but he insisted he was right...wahaha~~

another thing which struck me, not too sure if the JEBO is sufficient for circulating the water within the tank. u may wan to look out for dead spots when it's running full steam.

go look for an earlier thread which was posted earlier of a planted tank at a LFS, think it was a 5ft. that should give u some idea

happy planting~~~~
Old 23-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #8
alvloh

Quote:
Originally Posted by af2373 View Post
bro, u r bold....thumbs up for u. first attempt n u go for 6ft.

some thoughts from my earlier experience in keeping planted, technically a larger tank is easier to control in terms of PH etc. but bigger tanks also require a lot more plant mass else u will hv problems. my bro in law did a 5ft on his first attempt, he failed quite badly. his proportion of plants vs tank size was not there. his choice of plants also also wrong, but he insisted he was right...wahaha~~

another thing which struck me, not too sure if the JEBO is sufficient for circulating the water within the tank. u may wan to look out for dead spots when it's running full steam.

go look for an earlier thread which was posted earlier of a planted tank at a LFS, think it was a 5ft. that should give u some idea

happy planting~~~~
It's a long long road bro....
As for Jebo, it's running on 1500l/Hr and my tank is about 500l...so about 3 cycles/ hr should be enough...@least this is what the shop told me....

Anyway it's already there n started...no more stopping...I can only go by trial n errors and ask for more advise here....
Old 23-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
alvloh

Finally added Tetras after about 1 1/2 weeks...
The fish are ok but not the Shrimps....Balance <10 from 30...poor things..

Old 23-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
af2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvloh View Post
It's a long long road bro....
As for Jebo, it's running on 1500l/Hr and my tank is about 500l...so about 3 cycles/ hr should be enough...@least this is what the shop told me....

Anyway it's already there n started...no more stopping...I can only go by trial n errors and ask for more advise here....
tell me abt the road.....wahahaha~~~ most of us will go thru that.
take what the shops tell u with a pinch of salt.....

yr tank is 6ft long. try putting yr hands on the other end of the tank to see if you can feel the current now. do it again when it's heavily planted. cycle per hour is 1 thing.....in actual practice, theory may not work. wahaha~~ that;s just me.

just post more pics n we'll help u out as u get along.

i am super god damn tempted to start planted again!!! a 4ft in my new hse but my OC is not easy get around. haiz~~~~