Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Ralliart_Ray

AFC Committee

Default Journal: (Lets go!) My Tanks, My Oddballs, My Hobby!

Setting the Scene

Being poisoned by my buddy (whom is oddballs lover, so am I) usually that is the case lah "You poison me, I poison you", recent months I had acquired 2 bare tanks and the stand from N30 Weeyang. Very happy with it. I was happily shopping for the items at Seaview + C326 and spent quite abit (Both $$ and effort). There is a pond in my garden which house some other "naughty fishes" and with these 2 tanks, it let me see and monitor some other fishes more closely. (I am a happy man, especially a coffee or some fruits after work/dinner while admiring at the aquarium!)

The Tanks

1st tank is an oyama black tank (6ft by 2.5ft by 2.5ft) and I have just added white acrylic base yesterday (Very happy with it) and hoping to groom my SP rays further. This tank runs mainly on OHF (reinforced with Aluminium L bar running across and sitting on the euro bracing) and 25 trays (With top layers of wools, rest of fully packed trays are housing biohome, biohome+, ANS CR, Seachem Matrixs, OF CR, Momotaros and 3 trays of coral chips) supported by Ehiem 1264 with a DIY rainbar. Hiblow20 is sufficiently strong to provide the aeration for both tanks.

2nd tank is an oyama white tank (5.5ish ft by 2.5ft by 2.5ft) sitting right below the 6footer. This tank runs on side IOUS which is abt 7" which contains 3pcs of jap mat, 5kg of biohome+, 10kg of biohome, 2kg of ANS CR, 5L of OF balls, 12kg of Ehiem subtrates and 3kg of See-hum shells with an Ehiem 1262 providing the return flowrate. Both tanks run on my DIY LEDs strips (It was fun to DIY with the alunimium U bar from UBI and the LEDs ordered from Ebay) costly me less than $50.

The Practice

I have the habit to W/C 15%-25% in the interval of 3-4days. During W/C regime, I use Seachem Anti-chorine which measures at the ratio of 1 capful: 400L water and I have the habit to overdose abit. For treatment, normally I will use API Pimafix & Melafix. And from time to time I will smoke the fishes with Oceanfree Clay. (heehee). Both tanks water are crystal clear to my standard and I am very happy to achieve it with the help of Microbe-lift Special Blend.

The fishes

The current fishes that I have:
1) a OTF HBRTG
2) a pair of Tarpons
3) a pair of ITs
4) a pair of NTTs
5) a Nile Perch
6) a pair of SP Rays (black tank), 2 pairs of SP Rays (white tank)
7) a Golden Dorado
8) a pair of PB Kelberi Bahia
9) Some Plecos
10) a large mouth bass

The Feeding

Daily feeding regime is as such: GS + MP + Fish meat and mealworms + Pellets as snacks. Once a week (usually weekend), I will buy some feeders (live GS and goldfishes etc) for the predatory ones.

Also to share: usually I will buy a few kilo of MP and Tilapia fillets (a month worth of feed). Process them (bite size for Rays) and mix them with GS and before tubbing them into small container (The purple Sorbet ice-cream) and housing them into the freezer.

The photos will do the talking after this. Pls allow me to upload them into FlickR before posting them here. Should be in awhile
Ralliart_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
leavemeuntitled
Dragon

bro, i think for your wc regime,maybe you could do larger proportion like 60%-70% and do it once a week?
leavemeuntitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
Ralliart_Ray

AFC Committee

Made those typo mistake in bold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart_Ray View Post

Setting the Scene

Being poisoned by my buddy (whom is oddballs lover, so am I) usually that is the case lah "You poison me, I poison you", recent months I had acquired 2 bare tanks and the stand from N30 Weeyang. Very happy with it. I was happily shopping for the items at Seaview + C328 and spent quite abit (Both $$ and effort). There is a pond in my garden which house some other "naughty fishes" and with these 2 tanks, it let me see and monitor some other fishes more closely. (I am a happy man, especially a coffee or some fruits after work/dinner while admiring at the aquarium!)

The Tanks

1st tank is an oyama black tank (6ft by 2.5ft by 2.5ft) and I have just added white acrylic base yesterday (Very happy with it) and hoping to groom my SP rays further. This tank runs mainly on OHF (reinforced with Aluminium L bar running across and sitting on the euro bracing) and 25 trays (With top layers of wools, rest of fully packed trays are housing biohome, biohome+, ANS CR, Seachem Matrixs, OF CR, Momotaros and 3 trays of coral chips) supported by Ehiem 1264 with a DIY rainbar. Hiblow20 is sufficiently strong to provide the aeration for both tanks.

2nd tank is an oyama white tank (5.5ish ft by 2.5ft by 2ft) sitting right below the 6footer. This tank runs on side IOUS which is abt 7" which contains 3pcs of jap mat, 5kg of biohome+, 10kg of biohome, 2kg of ANS CR, 5L of OF balls, 12kg of Ehiem subtrates and 3kg of See-hum shells with an Ehiem 1262 providing the return flowrate. Both tanks run on my DIY LEDs strips (It was fun to DIY with the alunimium U bar from UBI and the LEDs ordered from Ebay) costly me less than $50.

The Practice

I have the habit to W/C 15%-25% in the interval of 3-4days. During W/C regime, I use Seachem Anti-chorine which measures at the ratio of 1 capful: 400L water and I have the habit to overdose abit. For treatment, normally I will use API Pimafix & Melafix. And from time to time I will smoke the fishes with Oceanfree Clay. (heehee). Both tanks water are crystal clear to my standard and I am very happy to achieve it with the help of Microbe-lift Special Blend.

The fishes

The current fishes that I have:
1) a OTF HBRTG
2) a pair of Tarpons
3) a pair of ITs
4) a pair of NTTs
5) a Nile Perch
6) a pair of SP Rays (black tank), 2 pairs of SP Rays (white tank)
7) a Golden Dorado
8) a pair of PB Kelberi Bahia
9) Some Plecos
10) a large mouth bass

The Feeding

Daily feeding regime is as such: GS + MP + Fish meat and mealworms + Pellets as snacks. Once a week (usually weekend), I will buy some feeders (live GS and goldfishes etc) for the predatory ones.

Also to share: usually I will buy a few kilo of MP and Tilapia fillets (a month worth of feed). Process them (bite size for Rays) and mix them with GS and before tubbing them into small container (The purple Sorbet ice-cream) and housing them into the freezer.

The photos will do the talking after this. Pls allow me to upload them into FlickR before posting them here. Should be in awhile
Here we go:

Old 04-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
Ralliart_Ray

AFC Committee

Old 04-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #5
Ralliart_Ray

AFC Committee

Old 04-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #6
Ralliart_Ray

AFC Committee

Old 04-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #7
poison

Nice tanks bro,wil ur rays get burn by ur heater?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #8
FlipPico
Dragon

very nice set up n monster...great effort!!! great write too!!!
FlipPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #9
leezhengxi

Very nice fishes and wonderful set up you have.
Your pair of PBs look like orinos to me instead of kelberi bahias...
leezhengxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #10
mr.gabanz

wahhh...very nice tank and fishes..
mr.gabanz is offline   Reply With Quote