Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 08-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #11
cichildae
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETSIL View Post
my rocks is all covered with brown algae... any experts know wat is the problem? thinking of adding in the cae to rid my tank of algae problem, other ways of riding the algae? my tank is beside the window with west sun maybe thats the problem? tks
Brown algae is not a real issue..Onli hair algae is kinda tricky as not all suckers can remove them..

Actualli having algae growing is a sign that your water conditions are pretty good.. In the wild it is vv natural to have algae growing... So long ur water has enough nutrients and some sunlight, they are bound to grow..

There are chemicals to remove algae but honestly i dun like e idea of addin any chemicals in e water.. Jus put in SAE/sucker or just take e effort to clean the tank lor ..
cichildae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #12
pepe2403

I have some brown algea grownig on the rocks also. But can be quite unslightly at times. Normally i just scrub it off with my hands when doing water changes, cos i ave yet to find a algea eater which will survive, do the work and not grow big at the same time. Kind of a headache actually.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #13
Pikapig
Dragon

snails do the job...get those tat can tolerate high PH..which there is...those from sulawesi..can find in C328...

i use normal ramshorn..n they do great...
Pikapig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
pepe2403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapig View Post
snails do the job...get those tat can tolerate high PH..which there is...those from sulawesi..can find in C328...

i use normal ramshorn..n they do great...
Will snails affect the bioload of the tank? I know nuts abt snails. And also will they die easily in a tanga tank and foul up the water?
Old 09-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #15
ahloy
Dragon

my tank nw having green algea hair.. my sae dun bother about them.. thinking of adding some shrimp in.. wad u guy think?
ahloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #16
kachangputeh

Ahloy , algae eater ,local one also can ,very strong eater ,i got three in my tank .
2 or 3 dollars only , not so stylo only , but work can also .
Old 09-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #17
presario316
Arofanatic

For a Tang tank, I think you'll need minimal lighting. In fact, only lights on for the few hours when you home after work while you sit back and watch/feedyour fishes.

When there's less lights, less algae.
presario316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #18
ahloy
Dragon

ok.. i just go and get 2 more otto other then the 2 golden algea eater i have in the tank.. hope they can help me clear the algea problem.. cos there is alot growing on the moss i have.. sadded..
ahloy is offline   Reply With Quote