Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 28-08-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
laodie
Senior Dragon

Default Those who cannot start threads at buy/sell, look here....

as titled, but dun get me wrong, u will not be getting it back immediately. Post here to appeal and see if any mods would want to recommend you to get the privileges back.

Lets hear you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan

The solution.

1. Permissions to start threads at buy/sell is a privilege. Not a right and no more 50 posts, etc criteria. You must support af activities. It could be attending af events, joining AFC, help in community activities and be active. Please suggest other alternatives if u have any ideas. But the gist is that you must be part of this community. Solely engaging in buy/sell after hitting 50 posts etc will not work anymore.

2. As this is a privilege, it can be taken away anytime when u become inactive. " I used to be active " doesn't work anymore. If you get embroiled in any kind of dispute, the privilege will be taken away from you

3. The members have to help us with those either " new " members or members who have been away and do not know. When threads of the nature of " why I cannot post at buy/sell crops up ", you have to help us to answer them.

4. All members will still have access to view buy/sell threads and reply to those threads but starting threads will only be for people whom we feel has contributed to the community. The decision on who has contributed will be solely on us and no arguments will be entertained.

One thing I realised, most of the people who do nothing but just engaged in selling have been very quiet. The silence is deafening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6238 View Post
Seems like many members still dun understand what is meant by supporting AF and contributing to the AF Community.

It is NOT about how long you have been an AF member, how often u login, how many times u have posted articles n pictures to share or how many friends you have made here.

Neither is it about how many cheap fishes or accessories you have bought/sold in AF, how many FOC items you have given away or how you are encouraging fish-keeping by doing all this.

Nor is it about how you are helping to increase traffic in AF by being a member, creating big business opportunities for AF, or how much is AF worth if it is put up in the market for sale.

To understand why your privileges have been taken away, ask yourselves these questions:

1) Have you attended any recent AF event ? Eg AF Anniversary ?

2) Did u join any of the AF affiliated clubs like AFC and FHCS and participate in their activites?

5) And just in case you think that support and contributions must be in monetary form, did you volunteer to help for the AF Carnival or any AF activities?

Hope the above gives you a clearer picture of what is meant by support and contribution.
laodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
jwhtan
Barney

800 posts on the last thread. I've unstick it.

For those who have their buysell privilege and think it is for life, well it is not.
Non-participation and inactive accounts will mean you lose this privilege.

The AF Book is 3 years ago in 2011. Please dun expect that AF Book is your lifetime membership for buysell section.
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
Arokai88
Arofanatic

Hi admin

I understand that my buy/sell priviledge was taken away from me as i did not volunteer this year. The reason i did not participate in helping this year, is because im awaiting the arrival of my 2nd baby. When i first started in 2012, fhc, i did help out @ nite guard duty during af carnival at otf (where its my 1st time meeting both af and fhc members and hobbyist)and also in 2013 i help out @ nite duty @ serangoon cc for 2nd fh comp. And i did help out whenever i can...

Its only this year, with preparing for the arrival of my new baby, which i cant commit. Due to this i have to cut down alot and need to clear for now and only focus of rays and family.

Once everything settle, rest assured, i will be back to contribute to more....

Urs sincerely...
Arokai88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #4
Heuer
Dragon

I don't see the need you need to do a public apology for this.
Family will always come first.
Heuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:08 PM   #5
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arokai88 View Post
Hi admin

The reason i did not participate in helping this year, is because im awaiting the arrival of my 2nd baby.

Once everything settle, rest assured, i will be back to contribute to more....

Urs sincerely...
Reasons accepted. Will reinstate ur buysell privileges.

Congratulations on the impending arrival of ur second child.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #6
abel
Dragon

Dear admin,

I understood that my buy/sell privilege has been removed due to non participation of the AF anni event this year... the reason for not attending this year's event is that my wife is on labour and was busy through out the month.. but before my boy was born, i did participate in the setting up of the recent 5th National Flowerhorn Competition. In the past year event i has been participating in the AF anno event and joining AF pleco competition.

Your Sincerely,
Abel
abel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:12 PM   #7
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by abel View Post
Dear admin,

.. the reason for not attending this year's event is that my wife is on labour and was busy through out the month.. but before my boy was born, i did participate in the setting up of the recent 5th National Flowerhorn Competition.

Your Sincerely,
Abel
Ok ..... I accept your reasons and will reinstate your buysell privilege.

Gentlemen, I hope this is not the start of everybody's somebody giving birth.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #8
FireSpitter
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
Ok ..... I accept your reasons and will reinstate your buysell privilege.

Gentlemen, I hope this is not the start of everybody's somebody giving birth.
Ask the next guy/gal(s) that come with up same reason to submit documentary proof via email lor. If not true, then let them live with an account with very deep red rep points (Not deep enough to get banned, but neither will others have a good impression of him/her).
FireSpitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #9
No78
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSpitter View Post
Ask the next guy/gal(s) that come with up same reason to submit documentary proof via email lor. If not true, then let them live with an account with very deep red rep points (Not deep enough to get banned, but neither will others have a good impression of him/her).
lol ... bro bro bro .... lol
No78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 01:21 AM   #10
wizardz
Arofanatic

ermm....I cant post in the sales forum anyone can help?
wizardz is offline   Reply With Quote