Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 06-06-2005, 11:51 PM   #51
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRTG
just a tought. please don't take it seriously.

if i am a farmer and i can show you guys that my rtg pond has xb brooders, would you buy my so called hiback rtg?

as a hobbist, since the F1 rtgs either turn out to look like xb or rtg why won't i take a small gamble and buy these rtg?

hobbist might gain an aro that has xb qualities and paid a very small sum for it. or hobbist gets an rtg. so hobbist has nothing to loose and much more to gain.

farmer has much to gain as his rtg sales would increase. remember....not many hobbist can afford an xb. rtg still command a bigger market share when compared to xb or red. is it not a small price to pay to just throw in a few xb to improve sales?

dun flame me hor.......
haizz ... really can't believe anyone wud think like this ...

by ur reasoning then i think they might as well put a few grade1 reds onto a grade 2 red breeding pond and show customers since the price descrepancy is even greater and there is an overabundance of these species which doesn't have a market here right now
Old 06-06-2005, 11:51 PM   #52
PeeCeeBee
Dragon

Quote:
just a tought. please don't take it seriously.

if i am a farmer and i can show you guys that my rtg pond has xb brooders, would you buy my so called hiback rtg?

as a hobbist, since the F1 rtgs either turn out to look like xb or rtg why won't i take a small gamble and buy these rtg?

hobbist might gain an aro that has xb qualities and paid a very small sum for it. or hobbist gets an rtg. so hobbist has nothing to loose and much more to gain.

farmer has much to gain as his rtg sales would increase. remember....not many hobbist can afford an xb. rtg still command a bigger market share when compared to xb or red. is it not a small price to pay to just throw in a few xb to improve sales?

dun flame me hor.......
wow....you also suddenly imagine yourself to be farm owner too LOL

this thread has definitely spur some hopes on us hahaha
Old 06-06-2005, 11:58 PM   #53
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeCeeBee
Hypothesis case :-

If i'm a farm owner and i have ponds of XB and ponds of RTG that did not breed after sometimes, i will feel the pressure and i might do something crazy hehehe... no breeding means no fish.....no fish means no sales....no sales means no money.....no money means close shop

One question for all to contribute :-

what do you get if you cross breed a good XB with a Green aro? what you do think the offspring should look like?

options :-

a) look exactly like XB and comes with better shine
b) looks very shinny and golden but no rims
c) looks like XB with rims and with green aro tail and horse shoe markings
d) become 1.5 gold

don't flame me hor.....just have some crazy thoughts cos i'm still very new
if u hv ponds of XBs and ponds of RTGs and still dun breed after some time, and u still dunno wat the reason is or where the fault lies, its true u better pack up and close shop ... lidat u not fit to be aro farmer at all

ur hypothethical case maybe last time backyard breeders will try but present day farms won't risk these unorthodox moves .... tat's why in some xbacks of today, occasionally u'll still see those very greenish traits tat manifests itself after many generations ... tat's the same 3:1 ratio of the segregation laws of genetics
Old 07-06-2005, 12:02 AM   #54
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
haizz ... really can't believe anyone wud think like this ...

by ur reasoning then i think they might as well put a few grade1 reds onto a grade 2 red breeding pond and show customers since the price descrepancy is even greater and there is an overabundance of these species which doesn't have a market here right now
you are rite there.

so the thing about F1 will either look like the father or mother. throw a g1 red and 1.5red will yeild what type of result? throw an rtg and xb will yeild what type of results?

so gold and gold still gold? red and green/red hybrid? i don't know but the market publicity i'd get to push my so call rtg hybrid would be quite good. people will surely want to try their luck with the aros that i'm selling.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:04 AM   #55
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
wow....you also suddenly imagine yourself to be farm owner too LOL

this thread has definitely spur some hopes on us hahaha
come on. business leh. you really think the farmers care about what breed with what? they only care about profits. so if they can increase sales by such means why not? more people buy rtg also better then nothing mah.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:06 AM   #56
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
you are rite there.

so the thing about F1 will either look like the father or mother. throw a g1 red and 1.5red will yeild what type of result? throw an rtg and xb will yeild what type of results?

so gold and gold still gold? red and green/red hybrid? i don't know but the market publicity i'd get to push my so call rtg hybrid would be quite good. people will surely want to try their luck with the aros that i'm selling.
but these aros when they grow big will have no value as a brooding stock as the genes are likely to manifest itself in the next generation of breeding
Old 07-06-2005, 12:08 AM   #57
PeeCeeBee
Dragon

Quote:
if u hv ponds of XBs and ponds of RTGs and still dun breed after some time, and u still dunno wat the reason is or where the fault lies, its true u better pack up and close shop ... lidat u not fit to be aro farmer at all

ur hypothethical case maybe last time backyard breeders will try but present day farms won't risk these unorthodox moves .... tat's why in some xbacks of today, occasionally u'll still see those very greenish traits tat manifests itself after many generations ... tat's the same 3:1 ratio of the segregation laws of genetics
you are so right....tt's why i'm not a farm owner mah...just a kacang puteh small time hobbyist keke
Old 07-06-2005, 12:09 AM   #58
PeeCeeBee
Dragon

Quote:
come on. business leh. you really think the farmers care about what breed with what? they only care about profits. so if they can increase sales by such means why not? more people buy rtg also better then nothing mah.
luckily you did not mention any names here....if not kekeke
Old 07-06-2005, 12:16 AM   #59
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
but these aros when they grow big will have no value as a brooding stock as the genes are likely to manifest itself in the next generation of breeding
yes. the so call undesirable traits will come out in subsequent breeding of these aros. but, what they sell might not be what they'd use back for breeding. i'd rather do selective breeding on xb to improve my quality rather then selective breeding of rtg.

point is, can make money now make now. dun wait. that's what i feel about the farms now. how many of them actualy has F5 or F7 rtg on sale? (i might be ignorant about this) but point is.....i can always use other rtgs and xb from my current brooding stock to produce pure breeds. no need to use back the F1 that i sell. judging from production rates? aros can produce for the next 5 years after they mature before production declines....so farmers only worry about brood stock then. anyway, they can always keep some pure rtgs and xb to do this again.

dun know leh....maybe i too naive.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:18 AM   #60
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
luckily you did not mention any names here....if not kekeke
hehehe must be careful la.

i'm not saying all farms bad. but they never say what they do. so people will speculate. if they are more transparent maybe it'll be better for them. some farms don't even allow visitors. so what happens inside nobody knows. of course there is no need to let people know what's going on. more important is to produce more of these better quality aros.

but really.....are they so advance and have indepth knowledge in breeding aros? maybe. but then again that's for us to speculate. are they breeding aros for the benifits of hobbist or just profits? if you're a business man which one will come in first? profits or benifits for the hobbist?