Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 02-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #71
rellik28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
I heard sodium bisulfite is used, it is an irritant, should not pose too much of a health hazard. I usually dump the MP into a pail of salt water and let it stand for a while before cutting the head and tails to pack into plastic bags for the freezer.

I feed with the shell on, and after using scissors to cut into small bite size bits.
Thanks for the tip... next time go fishing, will try soaking the mp in salt water...
I now feed my aro mp once every 2 days coz if not he also won't eat..

cheers
Old 02-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #72
ckk125
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
I heard sodium bisulfite is used, it is an irritant, should not pose too much of a health hazard. I usually dump the MP into a pail of salt water and let it stand for a while before cutting the head and tails to pack into plastic bags for the freezer.

I feed with the shell on, and after using scissors to cut into small bite size bits.
wow...thats a new thing..i always wondered what is the stuff which makes the mp feel so slippery.the next time i buy mp, will try that and see if my aro'd appetite for mp increases.
ckk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #73
jwhtan
Barney

All living things have to eat to live. Don't eat, starve to death.

When an aro dun eat, it is the keeper's fault.

Keep to a fixed schedule, a time where u feed daily and you will not have a problem after the initial acclimatising period.

So what are the causes of " Why my aro dun eat ? "

1. Irregular feeding patterns. One day eat at 8am, second day wake up late, forget to feed, eat at 8pm. Third day come back early eat at 6pm. Fourth day, public holiday, whole day at home, feed 3 times that day. Of cos, ur aro develop gastric problems and dun eat.

2. Overfeeding. Pump the aro. Feed until that fellow cannot tahan, dun want to eat, throw out then stop. Next day, again. And again and again. Look, if I bring u go buffet everyday and gorge you, u want to eat ? Maybe first two days or third day, u eat. After that ? see buffet also run away, right ?

3. Change of environment. Happy happy today top tank, 2moro bottom tank. Change here, change there. And then that poor aro every other day start his acclimatising period. Dun eat.

4. Water. Never change water. Ammonia so high. Nitrate so high. So uncomfortable. Dun feel well. Dun eat lar. For you, if u uncomfortable, u eat or not ? Same thing lar.
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote