Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 23-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #31
Betta Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
it's just a personal preference at the end of the day, what you done using a daylight white coupled with a actinic blue is what most would do especially those keeping zaires.
but for myself, and also ff, we prefer to use just daylight white.
Bro, could not agree with you more....natural light is best - as they say we can never replace Mother Nature...BUT blue with whitelight really bringsour the blues in the frontosas I just ordered a blue light for my T5 Really addictive and serene..hee hee
Old 23-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #32
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Mania View Post
Bro, could not agree with you more....natural light is best - as they say we can never replace Mother Nature...BUT blue with whitelight really bringsour the blues in the frontosas I just ordered a blue light for my T5 Really addictive and serene..hee hee
haha good for you (: and that's what most would do as i mentioned, cos the actinic blue would bring out the blue colour (:
if you use blue light shine on white paper, the paper also look blue right (: so if you use blue light to shine on your fronts, confirm look blue since most of them would already naturally look blue (: and yes, actinic blue does look more serene cos it is bluish and darkens the whole evnironment (:
end of the day, it's personal pref (:
have fun playing with the lighting combinations (:
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #33
Epiphone

Quote:
it's just a personal preference at the end of the day, what you done using a daylight white coupled with a actinic blue is what most would do especially those keeping zaires.
but for myself, and also ff, we prefer to use just daylight white.
Yup...it's all up to your preference. On one note, if you are having dark gravel or background, daylight shld be sufficient to bring out their natural blue. If you are having white gravel and your set up are white, then a white and blue light combo will be nice to compensate. As for me, I normally turn on daylight with dark gravel and if got guest coming, then I turn on daylight and blue light...gilat gilat to impress bit bit lah...hehe
Old 23-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #34
Betta Mania

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphone View Post
Yup...it's all up to your preference. On one note, if you are having dark gravel or background, daylight shld be sufficient to bring out their natural blue. If you are having white gravel and your set up are white, then a white and blue light combo will be nice to compensate. As for me, I normally turn on daylight with dark gravel and if got guest coming, then I turn on daylight and blue light...gilat gilat to impress bit bit lah...hehe
Bro, can I request for a sneak peek at your kilat kollection??
Old 24-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #35
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
You can viem them in hih emperor cichlids' thread. Very up to standard fronts he has.
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 12:55 AM   #36
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
As for me, I normally turn on daylight with dark gravel and if got guest coming, then I turn on daylight and blue light...gilat gilat to impress bit bit lah...hehe
hahahahaha i also got 2x actinic blue on standby, whenever wana use it is there (: hehehehe

betta mania: yeaps if u want a good example, just take a look at bro epiphone's tank (:
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 03:23 AM   #37
Epiphone

Quote:
Here you go....all took with only daylight

Humble tank

Old 24-08-2010, 03:26 AM   #38
Epiphone

Quote:
hahahahaha i also got 2x actinic blue on standby, whenever wana use it is there (: hehehehe
Wah....2 some more ah....haha...impressed....

Quote:
betta mania: yeaps if u want a good example, just take a look at bro epiphone's tank (:
My tank is very simple...took away most of the rocks to make room...now waiting for approval for a 6x2.5x2.5
Old 24-08-2010, 04:09 AM   #39
Betta Mania

Quote:
Here you go....all took with only daylight

Humble tank

WAUGH..AWESOME!!!!! Swee swee...puts mine to shame, really pales against yours. Just to show the difference, my BLUE ICE effort... not much to "brag" about but my 2cents worth...hee hee. Hope more of the bros will also post their pics of their tanks and their special pets.

Last edited by Betta Mania; 20-10-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 24-08-2010, 08:05 AM   #40
LesAth
Arofanatic

see u guys collection wow
my approval for 422 failed =(
my fronts are so not happy
LesAth is offline   Reply With Quote