Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 25-04-2008, 01:35 AM   #51
youngplainjuan2

Does anyone here knows the secret to LFS having such great tubi? Everytime i buy from LFS, their worms always seems to be fresh. Whats their regime? Do they feed? Or what?
Old 26-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #52
jess2006
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngplainjuan2 View Post
Does anyone here knows the secret to LFS having such great tubi? Everytime i buy from LFS, their worms always seems to be fresh. Whats their regime? Do they feed? Or what?
hard work,
wash , wash , wash and wash.
very chialak.
jess2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2008, 01:24 AM   #53
tgxworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngplainjuan2 View Post
they get their supply each day. everyday new supply
Old 30-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #54
ahball
Dragon

Default cool

I am really having this kind of problem and became fed up withthe live worm. (changing to frozen bloodworm).

but i tink i would continue still to my idea of frozen worm. thx a lot any way
ahball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #55
youngplainjuan2

Ok, recently i got a new supply to tubi from a neighbourhood lfs. I found that most of the tubi inside were still young, meaning baby tubi or smth. The water did not foul for a 36 hrs. YES. 36 hrs. but i felt it was time to change the water so i changed it anyway.

Somemore i used regular tap water. 1/2 inch thick of water. cool
Old 03-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #56
ahball
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnc View Post
I just tried it again with a lot more worms than usual.

Amazing with the blackwater treated water, there were no dead worms even after two full days. The water was a little fouled up, but no smell and no dead worms. I was amazed myself.

For that amount of worms, the tray would stink up the whole room and more than 50% of the worms would be dead and rotting by the second day even with a couple of water changes.

I keep the worms in room temperature.

Hope this helps

/John
can i use kepatang leaves water too? (i boil the leaves then the dark dark water i keep to use as kepatang leaves water!)
ahball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #57
exotic_idiot
Dragon

Default Tubifex worms?

I think there's alot of other foods which we can also feed our fishes be it live or dry foods. Tubifex worms once if we did not wash properly or not fresh there's lots of chances our fishes turn up sick.

In my opinion, i still avoid feeding them tubifex worms. If want live foods can choose adult brine shrimps or baby brine shrimps, for dry food i feed them NLS grow or flakes.. Quite a lot of food to choose so why trouble to risk your fishes to sickness?
exotic_idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #58
tgxworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by exotic_idiot View Post
I think there's alot of other foods which we can also feed our fishes be it live or dry foods. Tubifex worms once if we did not wash properly or not fresh there's lots of chances our fishes turn up sick.

In my opinion, i still avoid feeding them tubifex worms. If want live foods can choose adult brine shrimps or baby brine shrimps, for dry food i feed them NLS grow or flakes.. Quite a lot of food to choose so why trouble to risk your fishes to sickness?
tubifex makes your fish fatter =D
Old 29-05-2008, 02:18 AM   #59
exotic_idiot
Dragon

What's the point in making your fish looks fat? I prefer a hot and sexy babe than a big fat shark.. Hahahahaa
Old 29-05-2008, 02:21 AM   #60
exotic_idiot
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgxworld View Post
tubifex makes your fish fatter =D
But honestly must wash them "tubifex worms" properly and i don't like the smell when they die and i have to keep changing water or wash them. Try frozen blood worms not a bad idea? I bet also can makes them fatter.