Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 24-10-2010, 12:07 AM   #61
Seamaster

Update for Day 32

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Update for day 32. Check out the development of the scales on the frys. A darker shade of colour has appeared on the rims of the scales. And as I look through all the videos shot on day 32, I noticed a greenish/blue shine starting to appear. I feel so excited just looking at that shine. Have to check day 33 to see if the shine is really starting to develop.

The development of the frys in terms of head, body, tail fins, eyes, etc. are more or less completed. I guess soon the egg sac will be completely absorbed by the fry and we will have a batch of free swimming frys.

For the coming days, we will be focusing our attention on the external development of the frys. For example, how fast they learn to swim, how much they eat, how long do they stay a float, etc.
Old 24-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #62
edwinpoh
Dragon

Thumbs up

Thank you for the great effort to flim the xb fly development.
edwinpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #63
Seamaster

Update for Day 33

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

From the last video, I mentioned that the frys are developing a greenish/blue shine, YES!!! it has been confirmed by today's video. Most of the frys have this nice shine on their scales. They look so beautiful. And there are more dark "freckles" growing out of the centre of these scales.

About 95% of the frys have grown a lot darker in their colour. There is one fry that is still rather "pale" in colour compared to the rest, and that is EGOR. He seems to maintain his "albino white" tone. Check him out in the video.

Colouration on the barbels have also matured with bold dark lines appearing on them. And if you look at the top portion of the eyes, you will see a dark colour membrane-like "eye lids" surrounding the circumference of the eye. Another interesting development is the appearance of 4 nostrils "cavities" just above the upper jaw. I would say at this stage, the frys are 95% formed.

The frys are learning to swim at this stage.....or should I say attempting to swim. Most of my visits to the farm, I find them lying on their sides, with odd intervals of "jump" swimming. The "elephant on ball" stage seems to have passed.

Fact
Frys that have been kept longer in the parents mouth seem to develop the ability to swim faster. This is a consistant observation I have documented after looking at different batches of frys at the farm.

Myth 1
The parent aro produces a transparent like fluid in his mouth during brooding period, that boost/increase the immunity system of the frys as it comes into contact wif the frys and thus helps the frys to develop faster compared to human-tank raised frys. Ture or False?

I hope to defunct or verify some of these myths/fact that I've been hearing. If there is anyone that can shred some light on this, it would be of a great help.

Cheers. Have a good one.
Old 25-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #64
aromatix
Dragon

TS, this is a labour of love - keep it up.
Btw, nice bumping into you tis morning
aromatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #65
jong

Really a enjoy to see baby grow up day by day ,thanks for sharing.
Old 26-10-2010, 05:06 AM   #66
muser
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
Update for Day 33

YouTube Video

From the last video, I mentioned that the frys are developing a greenish/blue shine, YES!!! it has been confirmed by today's video. Most of the frys have this nice shine on their scales. They look so beautiful. And there are more dark "freckles" growing out of the centre of these scales.

About 95% of the frys have grown a lot darker in their colour. There is one fry that is still rather "pale" in colour compared to the rest, and that is EGOR. He seems to maintain his "albino white" tone. Check him out in the video.

Colouration on the barbels have also matured with bold dark lines appearing on them. And if you look at the top portion of the eyes, you will see a dark colour membrane-like "eye lids" surrounding the circumference of the eye. Another interesting development is the appearance of 4 nostrils "cavities" just above the upper jaw. I would say at this stage, the frys are 95% formed.

The frys are learning to swim at this stage.....or should I say attempting to swim. Most of my visits to the farm, I find them lying on their sides, with odd intervals of "jump" swimming. The "elephant on ball" stage seems to have passed.

Fact
Frys that have been kept longer in the parents mouth seem to develop the ability to swim faster. This is a consistant observation I have documented after looking at different batches of frys at the farm.

Myth 1
The parent aro produces a transparent like fluid in his mouth during brooding period, that boost/increase the immunity system of the frys as it comes into contact wif the frys and thus helps the frys to develop faster compared to human-tank raised frys. Ture or False?

I hope to defunct or verify some of these myths/fact that I've been hearing. If there is anyone that can shred some light on this, it would be of a great help.

Cheers. Have a good one.
very nice video, very nice music! may i know what is the title for the songs for the day 32 and day 33 updates?

i didn't notice the paler one, maybe my ones got stamp 〤|≧◆≦|

wish all grow up healthy and beautiful! (≧∀≦)∫
muser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #67
Seamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aromatix View Post
TS, this is a labour of love - keep it up.
Btw, nice bumping into you tis morning
Yes nice to meet you too. We should have a chat someday. You have the most fabled aros at the farm lolx....would like to do a video on them if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jong View Post
Really a enjoy to see baby grow up day by day ,thanks for sharing.
It's my great pleasure. Glad that the vids can bring some good cheer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muser View Post
very nice video, very nice music! may i know what is the title for the songs for the day 32 and day 33 updates?

i didn't notice the paler one, maybe my ones got stamp 〤|≧◆≦|

wish all grow up healthy and beautiful! (≧∀≦)∫
the paler one is egor....aka one eye. His the "star" of the vids. LOLx. You should be able to see him in other vids.

Day 32 is "Clear Air" www.incompetech.com

Day 33 is "Thatched villagers" www.incompetech.com

Royalty free music. Good if you are making vids.
Old 26-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #68
Seamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinpoh View Post
Thank you for the great effort to flim the xb fly development.
You are welcome. I hope that the commentry is accurate.......cause I'm not an expert in this field. Just simple plain passion.
Old 26-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #69
Seamaster

Update for Day 36

YouTube Video

The first fry started it's first "flight". What a joyous day. What it means is that internally the frys have started their development of their air bladder chambers. They are learning how to float and sink by adjusting the air pressure inside.

Take yr time to savor the video, you will notice the "alpha" fry testing out different levels of "buoyancy" and is learning how to adjust the air pressure internally. From time to time, "alpha" will rest at the bottom of the tank to rest from his travels around the tank.

An interesting event happened while I was filming the frys today, our beloved F16 from the royal Singapore air force was conducting their "sonic boom" sorties above the farm area. Notice "alpha" darting towards the PVC pipe from time to time to hide. That's due to the booming sound from the jets. One day I should upload the raw footage......it's really very entertaining.

Video for Day 35 will be uploaded at a later date. It was completed yesterday, but due to sensitive issues, the videos cannot be posted for public viewing. Maybe when the project is over then I'll post the vids.

Meanwhile, enjoy today's vidz.
Old 26-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #70
Air Tiger
Endangered Dragon

Tks for sharing the updated videos.
Really enjoy watcing them.
Air Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossback, days, eggs, fry, harvest