Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Catfish Forum

Old 22-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
amiidae

Default Guidelines to posting at Freshwater sub-Forum

I am pleased to announce the re structuring of the “Freshwater Section” by the introduction of new sub forums.

In line of the change, we have amended the following guidelines:

Original guidelines

These are the guidelines and what we will do to keep the forum neat, please try your best to comply with them.

1. We'll keep threads to a maximum of 30 pages (300 posts), after which they will be closed. Thread starter to pls start a new thread. When threads get too long, it becomes very difficult to look for the information.

2. Threads , regardless of number of pages, in which the topic is not related, will be closed. Chat threads will also be closed. Any threads that consists of 30% of idle chat will be considered as chat threads regardless of the thread title. The forum mod will hv to gauge this 30%. It is very tedious to single remove individual idle chat postings. Mods will hv the perogative to consider this option but I dun expect them to tie themselves down to doing this tedious work. We do allow some idle chat but not pages and pages of them. If u want to do that, please do it at Chat Forum.

3. On topics that are of related, same species, eg Siamese Tigers or Rays or Birchirs, try to keep to one single thread. I can understand and oblige that certain members dun see eye to eye and dun wish to participate on the same thread. In that case, we'll allow separate by different members but please dun try to flood the forum with many threads on similar topic, especially by the same member.

4. Pls dun start a thread on where to buy ? Ask on the same species thread itself or if u want to buy, then post at buy/sell. By this, I mean ur common species fish like STs, Birchirs, Feifongs, Rays etc. Actually u only need to go around C328, JE217,Y618, Y934, Ultimate, CF just to name a few and the replies will also be all these LFS.

5. Please dun use this forum to "update" ur fish that u r posting to sell. Keep this forum relevant and dun use this for indirect advertising. Any offers to buy or sell, pls use the pm function.

6. Please dun start a thread coercing members to go to another website/lfs or to have every of your posts indicating same. We do appreciate sharing but if this "sharing" is on every one of your post, we consider them spam.

These are what you can do to make this forum more informative and trim.

Before you start a thread or post anything, ask yourself these questions

1. Is this the correct forum to start this thread ? meaning it is not a cichlid, a guppy, a betta or any other species that have their specific forums dedicated to them.

2. Has this topic/question been posted before ? Especially if it's been posted recently ? Some of our members have been here for so long and keep seeing the same questions being asked. It's just so repetitive that you will not get any response to your topic. A readup on what's been posted before will be more fruitful.

3. Is there an existing thread on the same species/topic ? If there is, please post at an existing thread instead of starting a new thread.

4. If you have a question, give more information like what you have done and what your observations are. This will help other members to help you better. A question like why my ST don't eat is much too vague and it could have a thousand reasons from being sick to stress to new environments.

5. If you have an opinion or a comment to pass , make sure they are not hurtful and state your reasons. There is no remedy if you post " your ST looks like shit, no offence ". Surely there is a better tact in putting these comments across.

6. If you want to post something that is directed to only a single individual, please use the PM function. Keep those " you have pm " posts out. These are superfluous.

amiidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
amiidae

Revised Guidelines

fm this
1)We'll keep threads to a maximum of 30 pages (300 posts), after which they will be closed. Thread starter to pls start a new thread. When threads get too long, it becomes very difficult to look for the information.

to this
1)We'll keep threads to a maximum of 15 pages (150 posts), after which they will be closed. (deleted some words*) When threads get too long, it becomes very difficult to look for the information and hard for the Mod concerned to monitor.

Try to minimize general thread title and try to be specific ( a good book does not always have to be thick and does not usually come in just a chapter ) when a specific issue is arrested and the thread run its course, let it serve as a reference for others whom may encounter similar problem. This will make it easier when they do a “search”.

some good examples, can I comm.. This L plecos with bichir ?, ray skin burnt, water parameter for STs, do you tan your sakura ray ?

fm this
3)On topics that are of related, same species, eg Siamese Tigers or Rays or Birchirs, try to keep to one single thread. I can understand and oblige that certain members dun see eye to eye and dun wish to participate on the same thread. In that case, we'll allow separate by different members but please dun try to flood the forum with many threads on similar topic, especially by the same member.

to this
3)On topics that are of related, same species, eg Siamese Tigers (Dats) or Rays or Bichirs, try to do a “search” prior to start a new thread. I can understand and oblige that certain members dun see eye to eye and dun wish to participate on the same thread. In that case, we'll allow separate by different members but please dun try to flood the forum with many threads on similar yet general topic, especially by the same member.

fm this
5)Please dun use this forum to "update" ur fish that u r posting to sell. Keep this forum relevant and dun use this for indirect advertising. Any offers to buy or sell, pls use the pm function.

to this
5)Please dun use the “Freshwater Showcase” section to "update" your fish that you are posting to sell. Keep this section relevant and fun but dun use this for indirect advertising. Any offers to buy or sell, pls use the pm function. (no post count will be accumulated in this section)

Old 22-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
amiidae

Guidelines

These are the guidelines and what we will do to keep the forum neat, please try your best to comply with them.

1. We'll keep threads to a maximum of 15 pages (150 posts), after which they will be closed. When threads get too long, it becomes very difficult to look for the information and hard for the Mod concerned to monitor.

Try to minimize general thread title and try to be specific ( a good book does not always have to be thick and does not usually come in just a chapter ) when a specific issue is arrested and the thread run its course, let it serve as a reference for others whom may encounter similar problem. This will make it easier when they do a “search”.

some good examples, can I comm.. This L plecos with bichir ?, ray skin burnt, water parameter for STs, do you tan your sakura ray ?

2. Threads , regardless of number of pages, in which the topic is not related, will be closed. Chat threads will also be closed. Any threads that consists of 30% of idle chat will be considered as chat threads regardless of the thread title. The forum mod will hv to gauge this 30%. It is very tedious to single remove individual idle chat postings. Mods will hv the perogative to consider this option but I dun expect them to tie themselves down to doing this tedious work. We do allow some idle chat but not pages and pages of them. If u want to do that, please do it at Chat Forum.

3. On topics that are of related, same species, eg Siamese Tigers (Dats) or Rays or Bichirs, try to do a “search” prior to start a new thread. I can understand and oblige that certain members dun see eye to eye and dun wish to participate on the same thread. In that case, we'll allow separate by different members but please dun try to flood the forum with many threads on similar yet general topic, especially by the same member.

4. Pls dun start a thread on where to buy ? Ask on the same species thread itself or if u want to buy, then post at buy/sell. By this, I mean ur common species fish like STs, Birchirs, Feifongs, Rays etc. Actually u only need to go around C328, JE217,Y618, Y934, Ultimate, CF just to name a few and the replies will also be all these LFS.

5. Please dun use the “Freshwater Showcase” section to "update" your fish that you are posting to sell. Keep this section relevant and fun but dun use this for indirect advertising. Any offers to buy or sell, pls use the pm function. (no post count will be accumulated in this section)

6. Please dun start a thread coercing members to go to another website/lfs or to have every of your posts indicating same. We do appreciate sharing but if this "sharing" is on every one of your post, we consider them spam.

These are what you can do to make this forum more informative and trim.

Before you start a thread or post anything, ask yourself these questions

1. Is this the correct forum to start this thread ? meaning it is not a cichlid, a guppy, a betta or any other species that have their specific forums dedicated to them.

2. Has this topic/question been posted before ? Especially if it's been posted recently ? Some of our members have been here for so long and keep seeing the same questions being asked. It's just so repetitive that you will not get any response to your topic. A readup on what's been posted before will be more fruitful.

3. Is there an existing thread on the same species/topic ? If there is, please post at an existing thread instead of starting a new thread.

4. If you have a question, give more information like what you have done and what your observations are. This will help other members to help you better. A question like why my ST don't eat is much too vague and it could have a thousand reasons from being sick to stress to new environments.

5. If you have an opinion or a comment to pass , make sure they are not hurtful and state your reasons. There is no remedy if you post " your ST looks like shit, no offence ". Surely there is a better tact in putting these comments across.

6. If you want to post something that is directed to only a single individual, please use the PM function. Keep those " you have pm " posts out. These are superfluous.

Last edited by amiidae; 22-01-2007 at 09:37 PM.