Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Catfish Forum

Old 28-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #51
Haohao
Arofanatic

Wa ur wastemoney like bumble bee leh... Have been hunting around by never get to see it in LFS... Where did u got it n how much?

Btw u keep so many Cories ever considering investing in a chiller?
Haohao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 02:55 AM   #52
tipsy

[QUOTE=yeoyeoluohan;9517848]Havent posted in awhile, but spotted this gem in C328 and netted 3 home =D

very nice venezuelan blacks, are there still anymore left or have you bought them all? =P
Old 28-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #53
sthh
Arofanatic

There are quite a few lfs carrying juvenile cory adolfoi, which are supposed to be local breed. Just want to verify if they are really adolfoi or duplicareus. Anybody knows?
sthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #54
DAniel_C
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoyeoluohan View Post
Yup!

And more picture updates

C.suessi

C.wastemoney

C.atropersonatus
Nice cories there. Especially the wastemoney. Care to share how much did you paid for the vene black?
DAniel_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #55
DAniel_C
Dragon

Smile

Saw some super schwartzi at JZX. Big fat and good looking pieces. When i enquired on the price, it was mentioned that the entire tank had been reserved. Believe to be the doings of arofanatics bros. please show hand to us when they have settled in your tank(s).
Old 28-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #56
sthh
Arofanatic

Here's a picture of my 5 year old bronze cory. It's colour has developed over the years, and it is now shiny green

Here's a picture of the a small swarm of 5 generations of Sterbai, oldest ones are about 5 years old too.

I think these two common corys are still very hardy and nice, and suited to our warm water, despite all the new species now available.
sthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #57
yeoyeoluohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohao View Post
Wa ur wastemoney like bumble bee leh... Have been hunting around by never get to see it in LFS... Where did u got it n how much?

Btw u keep so many Cories ever considering investing in a chiller?
Im just using a fan for the 3ft. seems good enough for the cories. The weitzmani have been with me for about 6 months already and doing good.

Bro tipsy, i think there are still about 2-3 blacks in C328 when i left the shop, ahahahz.

Bro stth, from those i saw, i would think its C.duplicareus. but i guess different batches may differ. just look at the black bar, adolfoi black bar is not thick.
Old 28-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #58
Haohao
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthh View Post
Here's a picture of my 5 year old bronze cory. It's colour has developed over the years, and it is now shiny green

Here's a picture of the a small swarm of 5 generations of Sterbai, oldest ones are about 5 years old too.

I think these two common corys are still very hardy and nice, and suited to our warm water, despite all the new species now available.
I saw stebai at around 2 inches long before... Not sure if only wild caught can get so big. Was wondering due to ur stebai 5 years old but isn't that big size.

Unless I see wrong species but Sterbai pepper body with orange side fin is hard to be mistaken?

Unlike Adolf n duplicareus, I spent the whole day looking at them inside tank, trying to find the differences but still failed.
Old 28-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #59
Haohao
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoyeoluohan View Post
Im just using a fan for the 3ft. seems good enough for the cories. The weitzmani have been with me for about 6 months already and doing good.

Bro tipsy, i think there are still about 2-3 blacks in C328 when i left the shop, ahahahz.

Bro stth, from those i saw, i would think its C.duplicareus. but i guess different batches may differ. just look at the black bar, adolfoi black bar is not thick.
Your bumblebee wastemoney is sooooo cute!
Old 28-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #60
DAniel_C
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthh View Post
There are quite a few lfs carrying juvenile cory adolfoi, which are supposed to be local breed. Just want to verify if they are really adolfoi or duplicareus. Anybody knows?
The juvenile cories that I have gotten are described to me as "golden head" (in mandarin) and amongst the two different batches that I have gotten, some of them looks adolfoi to me and about 70-80% of the rest looks duplicareus. I guess only time will tell, when they have reach a certain size if they are duplicareus or adolfoi. There are some unique pieces (about three of them) with the entire dorsal in black, simply adore these pieces!