thomashl_99
Dragon

Firmino is a genius hahahah!

thomashl_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 10:05 PM   #52
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Revealed - What Liverpool will ACTUALLY do on transfer deadline day

It's all about outgoings at Liverpool on deadline day.

With Jurgen Klopp having decided not to buy a replacement for Philippe Coutinho during the January window, the focus is on off-loading those on the fringes of his squad who are surplus to requirements.

Liverpool's Lazar quest

Lazar Markovic will leave Liverpool today but the question is whether it's a permanent deal or a loan for the Serbian winger.

Wolfsburg and Swansea City have both been holding talks with sporting director Michael Edwards. The Bundesliga outfit want to buy Markovic, while Swansea favour a temporary move until May.

Markovic, who cost £20million from Benfica in 2014, hasn’t played for Liverpool since the win over QPR in May 2015.

Ejaria to light up Sunderland

Ovie Ejaria's loan move to Sunderland will be confirmed.

Klopp has decided to sanction a move to the North East for the 20-year-old midfielder, who hasn't featured for the first-team so far this season.

It's a boost for Black Cats boss Chris Coleman who failed to convince Klopp to loan out Ben Woodburn.

Ejaria is viewed as a replacement for Didier Ndong who has joined Watford on loan from Sunderland.

“Ovie is coming to us until the end of the season which is something I’m very excited about,” Coleman said.

Where's Wilson?

Liverpool Under-23s captain Harry Wilson could end up staying put until the end of the season.

The Wales international had hoped to go out on loan but currently there is no agreement in place.

Wilson, who has been stalling over signing a new contract, hasn’t featured for the senior side since being handed his debut in an FA Cup tie against Plymouth a year ago. The 20-year-old winger, who has been a prolific goal scorer for Neil Critchley’s under-23s, previously had a loan spell at Crewe.

A long-term youth prospect leaves

Lloyd Jones will part company with Liverpool - some six-and-a-half years after he joined the Academy from Plymouth.

The 22-year-old centre-back is wanted by League Two leaders Luton.

Jones was named on the bench by Brendan Rodgers away to Fulham in May 2013 but never made a senior outing for the Reds.

He has previously had loan spells with Cheltenham, Accrington, Blackpool and Plymouth.

More loan offers expected

Liverpool are prepared to listen to loan offers for keeper Adam Bogdan and full-back Jon Flanagan.

Bodgan, who hasn't played for the Reds since May 2016, has recovered from the ACL injury which wrecked his loan stint at Wigan last season.

Flanagan, who was heavily criticised by the club after being given a 12-month community order for assaulting his girlfriend, has only made one appearance for the Reds this season and finds himself down the pecking order.
NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #53
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Curtis Jones signs first professional deal with LFC

Curtis Jones has signed his first professional contract with Liverpool Football Club.

The U18s attacker, who has featured regularly for Steven Gerrard’s side this season, penned the deal with the Reds in the week that he celebrated his 17th birthday.

Liverpool-born Jones joined the club as an U9 player and has progressed through the ranks at the Academy, making his debut for the U18s last season.

The versatile forward featured in all six of the Reds’ UEFA Youth League group-stage ties earlier this term and scored four goals as the team – also led by Gerrard – qualified for the knockout rounds.

Jones was joined by the U18s manager as he put pen to paper on the contract at the Academy.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:41 AM   #54
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Ovie Ejaria moves to Sunderland

Ovie Ejaria has joined Sunderland on loan for the rest of the season.

Jurgen Klopp has decided to sanction a move to the North East for the 20-year-old midfielder, who hasn't featured for the first-team so far this season.

It's a welcome boost for Black Cats boss Chris Coleman, who failed to convince Klopp to loan out Ben Woodburn.

Ejaria is viewed as a replacement for Didier Ndong, who has joined Watford on loan from Sunderland.

After completing the move, Ejaria said: "I’m really happy because I’ve wanted to go out on loan for a while to get regular first-team football under my belt.

“I’d say that I’m a player that likes to get on the ball quite a lot and make things happen. I’ll try to create chances and hopefully score some goals as well.”
Old 02-02-2018, 07:43 AM   #55
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Harry Wilson joins Hull on loan - after signing new Liverpool contract

Harry Wilson has sealed a loan move to Hull City after penning a new long-term deal with Liverpool.

The Wales international will spend the rest of the season with the Championship outfit where he will be reunited with former team-mate Kevin Stewart.

Wilson’s future had been uncertain with the Reds unwilling to sanction a loan move until he had penned a contract extension.

However, a breakthrough in negotiations led to Jurgen Klopp agreeing to send him to the Tigers, who are locked in a relegation battle.

The 20-year-old winger has been a prolific goal scorer for Liverpool Under-23s but hasn’t featured for the senior side since being handed his debut in an FA Cup tie against Plymouth a year ago.

He has previously had a loan spell at Crewe. Wilson is the second member of Neil Critchley's Liverpool Under-23s squad to depart today following Ovie Ejaria's loan move to Sunderland.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:47 AM   #56
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool loan out Jon Flanagan to Bolton

Liverpool defender Jon Flanagan has joined Bolton Wanderers on loan for the rest of the season.

The 25-year-old full-back will make the move to the Championship strugglers in a bid to get his career back on track.

Flanagan hasn't featured for the Reds since their League Cup defeat to Leicester City back in September.

The Academy graduate has clocked up 51 appearances for Liverpool over the past seven years but has struggled for game time during Jurgen Klopp's reign.

He made his comeback in January 2016 after 18 months out with a knee injury and played eight matches in 2015/16 - earning himself a new three-year contract.

Flanagan spent last season on loan at Burnley and since returning to Melwood he has found himself below Joe Gomez and Trent Alexander-Arnold in the pecking order.

Liverpool recently decided to stand by the defender after he was given a 12-month community order for assaulting his girlfriend following an incident in the city centre.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #57
NI KI
Arofanatic

Markovic to Anderlecht

Lazar Markovic embarked on the fourth loan spell of his Liverpool career as he joined Anderlecht.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #58
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Adam Lallana injury update

Adam Lallana is a doubt for Sunday's clash with Tottenham Hotspur as Liverpool continue to err on the side of caution with the midfielder's fitness.

The England international has sat out the past two matches after a minor setback in his return from a long-term thigh injury sustained during pre-season last summer.

Ahead of the huge Premier League meeting with Spurs, Jürgen Klopp explained why the Reds have to carefully consider how and when to utilise Lallana in games again.

The manager said: “It’s really unlucky. It was a really serious injury in the summer. Because of Adam’s quality and attitude in training, it looks immediately like we can put him in, [but] physical-wise he’s not fit.

“The two things that happened after his big injury were in the 10 or 15 minutes after he came on. From nil to 100 in a second, and that’s maybe what caused the problem.

“We really tried to be sensible with it, to do the right thing. But it didn’t work, twice. It’s really not a big thing, three games is like not being injured.

“He’s maybe available for Tottenham, and if not then he’ll have missed three games. That’s really OK but of course it’s not cool. The body needs to adapt again to the intensity.”
Old 02-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #59
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Xabi Alonso: Returning to Anfield will be special

Liverpool FC Legends' upcoming match against Bayern Munich provides Xabi Alonso with a 'special' opportunity to reunite with Reds fans at Anfield.

The former midfielder, who retired from the professional game at the end of last season, will put his boots on again for the charity fixture on Saturday March 24 that is set to raise funds for the Liverpool FC Foundation.

Stellar names such as Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Dirk Kuyt, captain Robbie Fowler and many more are signed up for the clash with a Bayern squad containing a host of familiar faces from the Bundesliga giants’ recent history.

Alonso is among them, of course, after a three-year spell in Munich but at the forefront of the Spaniard’s thoughts is a return to the place he called – and made – home between 2004 and 2009.

“It’s going to be special for many reasons,” he told Liverpoolfc.com.

“Firstly, to be back at Anfield. Secondly, I’m putting my boots back on – I haven’t done it since my last game in May.

“It’s going to be a great atmosphere. We know how special the fans are and how much they support these games. I’m really looking forward to it.”

It is almost a decade since Alonso departed Anfield but his popularity among Liverpool supporters remains undiminished – and the appreciation is mutual.

“I feel the love and the connection. Since I left we have kept that alive – for me, it’s great to have that feeling,” he said.

“Whenever I go back to Liverpool, or wherever I am in the world, Liverpool supporters come to me and we talk about whichever game. That will stay the same forever.”

The 36-year-old intends to play a half for each side on the afternoon, but doesn’t believe the actual experience of facing the Reds will be a strange one.

He added: “It will be nice. I have a very recent link and that feeling with Bayern. So for me it’s a perfect game. To play a half with each team is going to be really, really nice, and to see old friends again back on the pitch.”
Old 02-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #60
NI KI
Arofanatic

Liverpool are up to third in the Premier League after Wednesday's results, but Spurs are gaining ground ahead of Sunday's clash.