Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread

Old 18-12-2005, 03:57 AM   #1
T1KARMANN

Default Rays Discussion

this thread is for people who need real ray help and cant be bothered to read 20-30 pages of crap just to boost their post count

if you need help NOT WHERE TO BUY RAYS but how to take care of the rays you already have then post it hear and i will do my best to help i wont IGNORE your questions and tell you im no expert im a newbie i will share my knowlege and try to help anyway i can

so let a real thread begin

Old 18-12-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
liquidnoise

let me be the first to support.
OKay i dun noe many things abt rays as well. But I have been observing and reading.
My pair of 12~14" PFR used to have 1 feed per day. Usually 5~7 MP of coz the SW and BF get eaten becoz my aro dun bothered or too late to grab.
Recently, I post a breeding thread, so starts to pumping. Yesterday morning given 11 MP and night 6. Bt they didnt touch the night feed.
I also realise the shit alot these few days after a major WC.
U like to give ur views?

Old 18-12-2005, 09:00 PM   #3
BettaFaNatiC
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidnoise
OKay i dun noe many things abt rays as well. But I have been observing and reading.
My pair of 12~14" PFR used to have 1 feed per day. Usually 5~7 MP of coz the SW and BF get eaten becoz my aro dun bothered or too late to grab.
Recently, I post a breeding thread, so starts to pumping. Yesterday morning given 11 MP and night 6. Bt they didnt touch the night feed.
U like to give ur views?
they shit more maybe eat more mah.... and night feed most prob they not hungry lah.. caz usually they eat 5-7 then suddenly 11MP is like 2x more mah... so night full liao lor
Old 18-12-2005, 10:03 PM   #4
T1KARMANN

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidnoise
U like to give ur views?
from what i have seen rays will eat alot more when they are ready to breed

also rays will need 2 good size feeds per day up until they are 8inch then you can cut it down to 1 feed per day

i try not to let the rays get to the meal worms (SW) as they are just what i feed to my aro buy letting my aro and rays eat different types of food it seams to stop confict at feeding time

with my rays if you feed to much at one time i find after eatting they will not swim around as much until they are hungrey again

so i think 2 small feeds twice per day is still better than one big feed even for larger ray

how is the breeding coming on

Old 18-12-2005, 10:10 PM   #5
shin chan
Dragon

one question...

last time my motoro used to eat alot of mp when small....but don't know why when he reach >8", he start to eat less.....<1 mp per day...now abt 11" liao also eat <1 mp per day...
other bros rays that is 11" eat 3mp per day liao...

my water is stable....ray is very active....
Old 19-12-2005, 01:21 AM   #6
T1KARMANN

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin chan
one question...

last time my motoro used to eat alot of mp when small....but don't know why when he reach >8", he start to eat less.....<1 mp per day...now abt 11" liao also eat <1 mp per day...
other bros rays that is 11" eat 3mp per day liao...

my water is stable....ray is very active....
do you have substrate in your tank ?

i know a lot of people keep rays in bare bottom tanks but if you look at the way a ray is designed they spend 90% of their day digging and blowing water into the sand looking for food

when a ray reaches 8-10inch they dont seam to need as much food as a baby ray that is growing fast and have mre body weight

Last edited by T1KARMANN; 19-12-2005 at 01:28 AM.

Old 19-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #7
shin chan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1KARMANN
do you have substrate in your tank ?

i know a lot of people keep rays in bare bottom tanks but if you look at the way a ray is designed they spend 90% of their day digging and blowing water into the sand looking for food

when a ray reaches 8-10inch they dont seam to need as much food as a baby ray that is growing fast and have mre body weight
mine is bare tank....without any substrate...
Old 20-12-2005, 07:44 AM   #8
T1KARMANN

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin chan
mine is bare tank....without any substrate...
if you take a look at the way rays are made they are desighned to live in the substrate

if you keep your ray with substrate or gravel you will see they spend 90% of their day digging and blowing into the substrate for food

rays enjoy looking for food

its no harder to keep a ray in a tank with substrate than it is with a bare bottom tank

hears a pic of my rays as you can see the water is very very clean

Last edited by T1KARMANN; 03-05-2007 at 12:27 AM.

Old 20-12-2005, 09:12 AM   #9
Mewmender

ok, my support to this thread,
what is the reccomended KH lvl for rays?
I have seen websites stating it from soft to medium-hard KH for rays and this is really confusing me.

Old 20-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #10
T1KARMANN

thanks for your surport bro

i am hear at AF with the sole perpose to try to help people with their problems and help them take the best care of what ever rays they are keeping

i dont need a big post count to feel bigger than anyone else

Closed Thread