Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 08-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #31
numbskull
Arofanatic

wah if my room temp like urs and such big space to have 3 tanks i would invest in a 2ft tank already.

*Envy u*
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:43 PM   #32
rainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fir337 View Post
Very nice setup but y u need co2?
Tks bro! By co2, did you mean the seachem flourish excel i have on the table? if so, how you can tell what it is as my pic's rather dark! haha.. anyways, the Excel is for my tank on the extreme left and is more experimental than anything.. no fauna in there, just some moss on DW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex888 View Post
tts a nice setup! btw what substrate and filter are u using? i have just started out and need some advice from u guys!
Tks bro! the specs of this tank was listed in my first post;

substrate: it's a japanese brand but i really can't recall the name.. it's not GEX, ADA, Magic nor nisso.. gonna give my lfs owner a call tomorrow to find out!

filter: just a simple sponge filter. Not sure if you've read the other posts over my choice of filtration but bro Silane and globalcookie have mentioned that it might be underpowered/insufficient for my tank.. I'm still going to stick to sponge filters, but am going to heed their advice in getting a bigger one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
wah if my room temp like urs and such big space to have 3 tanks i would invest in a 2ft tank already.

*Envy u*
Hi bro.. don't be envious.. my tanks are not kept in my bedroom..that's my living room!! haha.. yes, my place is really small that's why i can afford to turn on the aircon to keep the temp down. the only other free space left in my apt is the wall opposite this setup.. maybe i can think of a 2 footer there
Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #33
rainman

some updates on my tank..

She isn't high grade, but has nice colouration.. and it only took her a week before i introduced her to get berried! not sure how you bros take such nice shots of your shrimps.. i have trouble just getting the darn camera to focus! here's an overexposed pic of her where you can see the eggs..

this is how she normally looks like :)

Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #34
alex888

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman View Post

She isn't high grade, but has nice colouration.. and it only took her a week before i introduced her to get berried! not sure how you bros take such nice shots of your shrimps.. i have trouble just getting the darn camera to focus! here's an overexposed pic of her where you can see the eggs..

this is how she normally looks like

congrats rainman! hope u can see shrimplets in the future!!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #35
rainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex888 View Post
congrats rainman! hope u can see shrimplets in the future!!
thanks bro
Old 04-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #36
Sinubux

Good work man, really envious that you only need a fan while me, my room is hot during the day hence a chiller is inevitable. Now my concern is whether my chiller is operating smoothing in this ambient temperature range that my room is currently having.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:02 AM   #37
alex888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinubux View Post
Good work man, really envious that you only need a fan while me, my room is hot during the day hence a chiller is inevitable. Now my concern is whether my chiller is operating smoothing in this ambient temperature range that my room is currently having.
whats ur ambient temp in ur room? hope all goes with with ur chiller!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #38
Galatea
Arofanatic

Simple and nice tank. I love your snowwhites
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:15 AM   #39
reaverx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman View Post

this is how she normally looks like

very nice pics ...

i love to see CRS photos ... what cam u using ?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:17 AM   #40
rainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinubux View Post
hi bro, thanks for your comments! i did a lot of testing before deciding if i needed a chiller.. tested the temp during the day when it was hottest, and at night without aircon..etc. for eg. in one of the tanks i'm currently cycling, i did it without the use of fan and aircon during the day and the highest temp it got was 25. still not quite sure why the ambient temp in my place stays this way. what kind of temp readings are you getting btw?