Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 19-06-2006, 11:19 PM   #101
Gus
Dragon

Wa really glad to see that so many bro out here keeping this cute little fellow.

Welcome to the PNT club.
Old 19-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #102
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Wa really glad to see that so many bro out here keeping this cute little fellow.

Welcome to the PNT club.
how is ur pnt breding project going on ?
Old 21-06-2006, 07:53 PM   #103
Gus
Dragon

So far they'r still young, i'm send a pair to state cos my friend have prepar a big pond with extra send compond to breed them.

Still have to wait for maybe 2 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah_ZhaN
Old 21-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #104
Gus
Dragon

How's yo going?????

my very tame now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah_ZhaN
Old 22-06-2006, 06:09 AM   #105
Jack
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
So far they'r still young, i'm send a pair to state cos my friend have prepar a big pond with extra send compond to breed them.

Still have to wait for maybe 2 yrs

However way you're going to send them, whether legally or illegally, hopefully its legally, pls learn to pack them properly from a professional first and check on the weather and transit time. Last thing you and your friend or any pnt hobbyists want is 2 pnts deaths.

I dun really encourage your move as the states have their own supply of pnts, although its much pricier but should be safer. But if i cant discourage you, I wish you and the pnts goodluck.
Old 22-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #106
globe
Dragon

Exclamation

Hi PNT hobbyists and hobbyists-to-be, just tot of throwing this message out here again.

1) A PNT grows up to 50cm(+/-)
2) It needs huge space to swim because of their potential size (see point number 1) however, their growth rate are slow so can keep them in a min of 3' tank to start off with.
3) They are aggressive towards their own species and to other species of terrapins and fishes as well( especially when they starts to mature), so if comming them, u run a risks of the tankmates being killed or injured
4) They have little chance of surviving in the wild cuz of being captive too long thus releasing them is only sending them to their death. (this applies to all pets)

All in all, my philosophy of keeping pets is long term i.e. till their deaths and not just to enjoy it for a short term.

so HAppy PNT keeping to ALL.
Old 23-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #107
Gus
Dragon

No worry it will be keeping in a tank in the vessel travel well taken care by my friend and the ship is register under US so kind of ok.

Tks for yo concern and thats a good advice for those who wanted to keep pnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
However way you're going to send them, whether legally or illegally, hopefully its legally, pls learn to pack them properly from a professional first and check on the weather and transit time. Last thing you and your friend or any pnt hobbyists want is 2 pnts deaths.

I dun really encourage your move as the states have their own supply of pnts, although its much pricier but should be safer. But if i cant discourage you, I wish you and the pnts goodluck.
Old 23-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #108
Gus
Dragon

What our Bro Globe said is very correct and most of the people for gotten that it will out grow most of the tank we have at home and even last as long as 20yrs. "Dun buy it because it look cute"

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe
Hi PNT hobbyists and hobbyists-to-be, just tot of throwing this message out here again.

1) A PNT grows up to 50cm(+/-)
2) It needs huge space to swim because of their potential size (see point number 1) however, their growth rate are slow so can keep them in a min of 3' tank to start off with.
3) They are aggressive towards their own species and to other species of terrapins and fishes as well( especially when they starts to mature), so if comming them, u run a risks of the tankmates being killed or injured
4) They have little chance of surviving in the wild cuz of being captive too long thus releasing them is only sending them to their death. (this applies to all pets)

All in all, my philosophy of keeping pets is long term i.e. till their deaths and not just to enjoy it for a short term.

so HAppy PNT keeping to ALL.
Old 23-06-2006, 03:43 PM   #109
globe
Dragon

BRO wen can show us ur update of ur 7 pnts. hahaha kinda wanted to see it myself. :P
Old 23-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #110
Jack
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
No worry it will be keeping in a tank in the vessel travel well taken care by my friend and the ship is register under US so kind of ok.

Tks for yo concern and thats a good advice for those who wanted to keep pnt.

That's a cool arrangement. Good luck!
Closed Thread