Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 03-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
ryzcris

1. Clementi 328
2. Seaview
3. QianHu
4. Hong Yang - Blk 306 Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 #01-681, Tel : 68935166
5. Rainbow @ serangoon
6. Singa aquarium
7. NKS

Bro of those shops mentioned above, I'm only familiar with 1), 2), 3), 4) and 6). If you're intending to keep the more common tangans like lelupis and brichardis, tropheus moorii/duboisi etc. Seaview is a good place as their prices are pretty low. Qianhu is also a great place to go to as they not only have a large variety, but price is reasonable as well. Rainbow on the other hand has less variety than QH but prices might be slightly higher though there's another cichlid shop in Ser North that has interesting catches at a premium sometimes.

C328 and NKS bring in pretty nice and the less common tangans occassionally, you need to check when they order and bring in stock. C328 particularly doesn't stock a lot of tangans, and the last time I went there, they only had 1 or 2 tanks with some in plastic bags at the counter, I was attracted to the calvus tank then. NKS brought in some pretty cool tropheus before, many which were WC, beyond my budget though. seems like some time ago since they last brought in those tangans though. Not sure if there's a specific season.

I can't comment on HongYang since I've never been there.

Singa has some surprising tangans but you'll have to look beyond the main section and go into the small room. His tangan treasures are mostly kept there, shellies, cyprichromis, macrops, calvuses etc. It seems that I don't see many shops carrying sellies these days. If you're into that, you might wanna check out Singa. The more common tangans is all in the open. He has a show tank near the entrance as well that has some rather mature fishes and I've been eyeing his Lepidiochromis for some time. Only one piece though..
Old 04-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #12
situs-sk2
Dragon

Thanks bro for sharing the info
situs-sk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #13
Pikapig
Dragon

Ya singa full of surprises!
Pikapig is offline   Reply With Quote