Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 09-09-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
klyve

Default micro bubbles from canister

Hi bros im now using dolphin C-1000 for my tank.But the outlet have lots of micro bubble coming out when i open the inlet & outlet valve fully,even when i open the outlet valve its still have micro bubble coming out.so how o solve this problem!!And i juz change the outlet seal...
Cheers
klyve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
Sunburst

Check these possibiities out:

1) Air leakage somewhere in the joints (inlet & outlet of cannister)
2) Not prime properly resulting air inside cannister
3) Water inlet at marginally below especially when a surface skimmer is attach to the inlet of the cannister
Old 10-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
klyve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburst View Post
Check these possibiities out:

1) Air leakage somewhere in the joints (inlet & outlet of cannister)
2) Not prime properly resulting air inside cannister
3) Water inlet at marginally below especially when a surface skimmer is attach to the inlet of the cannister
hi bro im using the surface skimmer...can u elabrate more on (Water inlet at marginally below especially when a surface skimmer is attach to the inlet of the cannister)dont understand...And also wat u mean by not prime properly?
cheers
klyve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
Sunburst

Not prime properly means that there's air inside the cannister and to get rid is to place the cannister higher than its outlet.

If the Dolphin doesn't have the primer (like the Eheim 2028) then you got to do this:

Just place the cannister on a chair and the inflow (inside the tank) with the outflow onto a pail below the cannister. Power up the cannister for to get rid of the air and then place it back to the tank.

Surface skimmer at marginally level will cause the cannister to "suck" it air and this will happens frequently due to evaporation. Make sure that the level is way below the surface skimmer inlet but sufficient to "draw" water through its gap.

If you are using Eheim surface skimmer then adjust its height of the unit up and down so that the surface skimmer inlet is about 45 deg angle.

For other type of skimmer .. make sure that the skimmer float is mobile to accommodate the drop in water level.

Hope this help and have fun ...