Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 24-02-2005, 02:31 AM   #31
kenboy08

From the pics it looks like the core clour can't be changed much.
Only the rims can thicken and cover the scale.

Old 24-02-2005, 09:28 AM   #32
fong
Dragon

Hi Bro,

I am not going to dwell on this anymore.

Did you see there are actually three colour region ? The base color used to be blue. As it ages, the gold migrated into the core. So now the core has two color, gold and blue. Zoom in closely, just at the rim, about 1 mm away from the rim, the gold intensity is slightly different. THAT IS THE FRAME. This will not widen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic
This is the same XB after 2 yrs....

Where is the frame and core?? Wheres the proportion u mentioned?? Is it a gold based aro now?? or still blue based??

So the core colour have changed to gold?? or is it the thickening of the frame have covered up the blue based??
Old 24-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #33
fong
Dragon

So why dont you take a step back at look at the pics you took, see for yourself... look closely... didn't it come across to you that your so call widening of the frame is actually color formation extending from the rim to the center of the base through the increments of speckles that accumulated into formation of a "widening frame" that you so called?

Think again, if the frame really can widen, dont you think the frame color should be homogenous? But instead, your so call "frame" has different color intensity? This reason for the non homogenous color is because the color formation is actually increments of speckles that accumulated into formation of a "widening frame". But in fact, the frame never widened. Dont be decieved by what you see.

Let the members see for themselves. This is a good example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic
Development of aro takes a few form....for red as well as for gold....can't have a "one type fit all".
Old 24-02-2005, 02:52 PM   #34
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong
Hi Bro,

I am not going to dwell on this anymore.

Did you see there are actually three colour region ? The base color used to be blue. As it ages, the gold migrated into the core. So now the core has two color, gold and blue. Zoom in closely, just at the rim, about 1 mm away from the rim, the gold intensity is slightly different. THAT IS THE FRAME. Get it? This will not widen one.

So this pic of XB is thin framed then?? Even from young?

My goodness, u have redefined how a thin and a thick framed aro looks like now....to u every pc of aro has now becomed a thin framed aro while the "widening effect" is explained by changing of "based colour"

Does that sound logical?

If what u said is true then when the aro is young (2000)....its frame size should be same...that is as thin as in 2002 pic...that will mean the core colour have two colour both blue and gold??

Does that sound logical as well??
Old 24-02-2005, 04:17 PM   #35
mongkut

In my opinion, BASED color never changed, when its gold-based then if take out one of the aro scales then you will see gold color on the body. My opinion might be wrong.

Full Gold does not necessarily have gold based. but upon matured the INNER shine of the scales will turn gold color like the frame.

It seems the term BASED quite confusing.

1) Some people refer the shine of inner part of the scales as BASED.

2) Some forumners refer the inner layer color of the scales as a based.

My understand is for no 2) but i might be wrong. So baesd on my little knowledge.

Old 24-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #36
rumraisin

Default here's a pic of my FULL GOLD xb

hey bros... interesting topic we have here! I've added a reputation point to both Bro Vic and Bro Fong for enlightening us w/ their diverging yet convincing point of views.

i've always wondered the fine difference between the Full Gold, 24k gold and the Gold Based. at first i thought they were just different terms describing the same thing but i was told otherwise. when i was shopping for my YTL xb (pic below), i wanted a 24k gold xb and i thought the terms of full gold and 24k were synonymous.

ok, i won't go into the difference between full gold and gold based coz bros here have already touched upon it. this is what i was told about full gold and 24k gold: Full gold is the name for xb w/ gold base when young but NOT 100% guaranteed, and 24k gold is more a name for adult fish when their gold colors have settled and fixed like gold bar. hope i'm not saying something that had been said already!

here's a pic of a King Kong YTL xb i'm waiting for delivery from 8 FOOK Arowana in Malaysia. i thought the fish was 24k but was told it is a FULL GOLD instead! in a tank w/ blue background, it has a very faint blue shine in its 5th & 6th level scales. i will post pics of its development in the future. it'd be great if some bros here w/ 24k & gold based xbs also post pics for discussion!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8fook.jpg (47.0 KB, 954 views)

Last edited by rumraisin; 24-02-2005 at 04:48 PM.

Old 24-02-2005, 04:35 PM   #37
figo
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong
First pic show a gold base fish.. likely to be a full gold when adult.
2nd pic show a blue base fish.. likely to be gold base but not full gold when adult.
bro,
just to check with u, if the cert stated as full malaysia gold, is the first pic right??? right now seeing some blue base on the scale, when it grow to adulthood, the lbue base will turn gold right??? tkssss
Old 24-02-2005, 06:25 PM   #38
fong
Dragon

Bro Vic,

Throw you some logic question :

A thin frame small aro... as it gets bigger, the frame widen and widen (your theory)... and as it gets even bigger, the frame widen and widen and widen......and widen... until the base color or the whole scale is covered with gold.. and just at that instance, that particular aros has no more scale frame... sounds logical boh?

Sometimew got frame and sometimes got no frame... who is confusing who? Ask yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic
So this pic of XB is thin framed then?? Even from young?

My goodness, u have redefined how a thin and a thick framed aro looks like now....to u every pc of aro has now becomed a thin framed aro while the "widening effect" is explained by changing of "based colour"
Old 24-02-2005, 07:18 PM   #39
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo
bro,
just to check with u, if the cert stated as full malaysia gold, is the first pic right??? right now seeing some blue base on the scale, when it grow to adulthood, the lbue base will turn gold right??? tkssss
the Full Gold that i'm getting also has some blue color in its base. i was told this blue may or may not intensify as it matures. there's a high probability that your guess is right with the blue base turning gold in your full malaysia gold as it matures, but i doubt anyone could give u a definite answer on how the fish will turn out as both blue and gold color may be in the aro's genetics.

Old 24-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #40
fong
Dragon

blue based xback small look nice... as it gets bigger, the base color become dirty as the gold starts to migrate inwards... see the pic vic posted and u will get what i mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumraisin
the Full Gold that i'm getting also has some blue color in its base. i was told this blue may or may not intensify as it matures. there's a high probability that your guess is right with the blue base turning gold in your full malaysia gold as it matures, but i doubt anyone could give u a definite answer on how the fish will turn out as both blue and gold color may be in the aro's genetics.