Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #21
lincolngoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluaking View Post
First, have you acclimatised properly on your newly purchased ray....

4inches is too small for you to bring back.... very Fragile
Actually it depends. A 4 inch ray that was born 3 inches a month ago is more stable than a new born 5 inch.

Once the ray has grown an inch it's usually fine.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #22
Aro1
Dragon

suggest transfer to smaller tank, according to your pearl size, 2 feet is enough.
Use mechanical filter, use back the same water. Need not bring the old filter media over.
Aro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #23
eche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro1 View Post
suggest transfer to smaller tank, according to your pearl size, 2 feet is enough.
Use mechanical filter, use back the same water. Need not bring the old filter media over.
I was planning to move all the rays inside the tank to 4ft FGT, filtered with 3ft 4 trays OHF with mechanical filtration on top tray & 2nd tray and some biological filtration media on 3rd & 4th tray, use back the same water, and keep doing daily 10% waterchange with Prime + salt added. Will this be ok and boost their recovery rate?

Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #24
Aro1
Dragon

suggest you leave your biological filter out, regular 10% water change is sufficient. I suspect your bio media has problems.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #25
eche

Quote:
suggest you leave your biological filter out, regular 10% water change is sufficient. I suspect your bio media has problems.
ok bro, thanks for the advice.. But i'm planning to use a new bio media which i have just bought, not the media in existing tank, use back same tank water, let it run for around 2 days with BB added then transfer all the pups to the FGT.. Will this be ok?

Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #26
Aro1
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eche View Post
ok bro, thanks for the advice.. But i'm planning to use a new bio media which i have just bought, not the media in existing tank, use back same tank water, let it run for around 2 days with BB added then transfer all the pups to the FGT.. Will this be ok?

Thanks
Bro, don't add your new bio media right from the start, may cause the water to be milky. Suggest you don't add any bio media, use only cotton wool. after 3 days when rays have settled in new tank and start eating, then add bit by bit of media.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #27
eche

Quote:
Bro, don't add your new bio media right from the start, may cause the water to be milky. Suggest you don't add any bio media, use only cotton wool. after 3 days when rays have settled in new tank and start eating, then add bit by bit of media.
Ok, will do bro.. will update u the progress how's the pups going. Thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #28
eche

Guys, today i just notice that my pearl's under disk has some brown coloured things on the side all around its disk. It is eating greedily though and still do the curling things. Is this what they called a fin rot or just normal spots? Should I be warned?
Thanks

Picture attached:
Old 04-09-2009, 02:09 AM   #29
mrnyunus
Dragon

So far i c only this Rmm..still having curling problems...ur other rays ok?...Or situation is improving slowly...?...Not sure abt those brownish stuff on the underside though
mrnyunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:58 AM   #30
eche

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyunus View Post
So far i c only this Rmm..still having curling problems...ur other rays ok?...Or situation is improving slowly...?...Not sure abt those brownish stuff on the underside though
RMM went up to lorry already bro , the pearl pup are still having curling problems. The other rays which are 1 pair of 2.5" leoxhenlei pups and 4" scobina are doing fine, no curling problems, swimming around, doing chin up, and eating.

I decided to move them tomorrow to 4ft FGT, using back same tank water, filtered with mechanical filtration, and keep doing 10% WC everyday, hope everything is going to be allright.