Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum > Showcase & Updates

Old 12-07-2015, 05:54 AM   #21
Jasonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomis View Post
Then again , what is BD to you? I am abit confuse due to some recent comments other breeder had made.

Remember one other similar post earlier, some breeder even mention that nice looking hybrid can be passed off as "BD" as they are very nice looking black/white Ray, being it pure p13 or not.

Some had even call it "white diamond" which was commonly referred to as those Big Spots BDs ,but i guess it's not wrong either as names are created by people.

Hence in my opinion , this specimen is indeed a nice and stunning Ray which many will compliment it .

Still not regretting what you have paid for what you have gotten is what matters most.

Nice that TS has shared it here to bring more interest and updates on recent market available beautiful Rays.

Thumps up to TS for sharing ...

Simon
Boss Simon good morning ") actually the name not important it's got gene of BD, P13, BDLeo and BDSP. At small size unable to see belly spotted also only can wait till it grow. Hybrid aka designer ray in my point of view tat y I post it designer ray instead. Some say white diamond, some say BD big spotted so which is which? The spawn only one pc like tat, rest are not even close to it oso which I see.

It's like the P13 in the market last time disc not spotted, spotted disc called black diamonds, thousand island or eclipse and now more n more beauty self breed becoming big spotted or more donuts. I guess next will be the world of hybrids n world of designer rays giving stunning beauties. Cheers
Jasonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:23 AM   #22
Nomis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [V]tEc View Post
Is there such a breed call designer bd in the 1st place?
So far i only see breeders or sellers selling bd as bd. Havent seen one sold as designer bd. Designer ray alot lah.
As far as I can see people in singapore care more about "breed" than how the fish look like.
A very good example, a bd vs a hybrid both same price. But hybrid is nicer. Which one do u think most people will choose?
Then again, wat is BD to you ? Or what is White Diamond or Siberian Tiger to others ? They are just names given to classify certain groups of nicer Rays ,that's all..

Indeed go around some lfs or farms, recently can see quality designer Rays that are even nicer than normal bd . These pups imho, thus have strong BD genes in them. So if breeder of this species of pups would like to name them "Designer BD", I see no wrong in them.

Simon

Last edited by Nomis; 12-07-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:43 AM   #23
Nomis
Dragon

Anyway , I do have some recent unique pup and wish to advertise as Designer BD, who could say it "wrong"? Remember this "snow leopard" name that came out too...

Example (TS -don't mind for sharing this attachment ,else mod please remove it )

The bottom pc were harvested from a leopearl female mother, unfortunately didn't survived.

Just sharing that names are created by people and can't concur that we must use them for specific species unless scientifically recorded or proven.

Simon

Last edited by Nomis; 12-07-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:47 PM   #24
[V]tEc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomis View Post
Then again, wat is BD to you ? Or what is White Diamond or Siberian Tiger to others ? They are just names given to classify certain groups of nicer Rays ,that's all..

Indeed go around some lfs or farms, recently can see quality designer Rays that are even nicer than normal bd . These pups imho, thus have strong BD genes in them. So if breeder of this species of pups would like to name them "Designer BD", I see no wrong in them.

Simon
Sorry, i am just a newbie in ray keeping. Bd is what?
I buy fish based on what i like. Not based on name. To me all these names are just put for song.
Breeder want can also put whatever name they want. End of the day there is only pure or hybrid.
Same goes for Aro, got kingdom red, vfsr, vip red. To me they r all grade 1 red.
[V]tEc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:04 PM   #25
shermie
Senior Dragon

hehe 10 years ago ppl argue over super red, chill red, purple red, violet fusion, n1wan red etcetc.... now ppl argue over BD, BDLeo, BDhenlei, BD designer SP etcetcetc...

ultimately red aro is red aro. even if u call it ferrari red if it doesnt turn red ppl wont pay for it. but if u call it yellow red and it turns red ppl will still pay premium for it. same goes for rays. i've seen BDleos that were way nicer than the so called pure or wc BDs. and most of the nicest designer BDs with huge white spots are hybrids, not pure BDs.

i also newbie to ray keeping, i only know got low quality and high quality p13. And if i like i buy. Don't like don't buy
shermie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:07 PM   #26
shermie
Senior Dragon

.. forgot main purpose of the thread.

Very nice ray!
shermie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #27
thkslim

How to know is it gd quality? All spot must be white white base must be very black ? What's the difference btw bdleo, bdhenlei & bd
thkslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 11:44 AM   #28
sen_jie
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkslim View Post
How to know is it gd quality? All spot must be white white base must be very black ? What's the difference btw bdleo, bdhenlei & bd

Good quality = you willing to pay with your hard earn money and keep it at home and truthfully appreciate it.
sen_jie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2015, 07:21 PM   #29
Tay
Dragon

Many when buying rays will ask to see pics first. After they pick those they like, they will start askg abt wat breed wat name. Chosen can be those brown base 1st generation p13 x but when u tell them is pdr sp or normal sp.... they will reconsider buying even though initially they like the design alot. Name impact is really huge on local hobbyists here.

Another funny case. 1 guy msg me wan buy designer rays. I asked, wat designer ray? I hv black hybrid mainly & BD. Then he replied, he only wan designer rays, other don wan. I was like.... how to ans him. After patiently explain to him tat there r no such ray as designer ray, he don wan buy liao. Maybe thunkg i trying to con him lor.

Issue is everywhere incl overseas is trying to give their rays special names as a form.of mktg, however, is really an issue with newbies tat r trying to start ray keeping.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #30
wmh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkslim View Post
For me, BDLeo and BD is pure breed while BDHenlei is hybrid. BD is P13, Leo is P13 and Henlei is P12

Why there is different name given? It is to because there is different grading on the P13 even though they are from same family. Spots size, underbelly spots and skirting spots are taking into consideration when we are trying to grade the P13. Well, the highest grade of P13, BD name is give (and also fetching higher price), while lower grade bdleo and the lowest just normal leo. And of course all come with different price tag.

Just like cars, the same brand of car has a very wide range of price tag. With every price tag given, the name or so called model are different...

Just my 2 cent input
wmh is offline   Reply With Quote