Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum

Old 09-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
Sam-BettaLover

Default Malaysia Betta Congress Friendship Cup 1 (Subsidiary of Singapore Betta Congress)

Hi all bros and sis,

Malaysia Betta Congress will be organising their Friendship Cup 1 this September from 20th to 22th.
This competition is supported by Punggol Park Community Centre and Punggol Maple Residents Comittee.
The venue of this competition will be held at Neighbourhood Park N6 Marquee (Next to Block 686) Hougang st 61.

We look forward to your support!
More details will be up soon. Stay tuned!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:53 AM   #2
Jitticus
Dragon

May I know who makes up Malaysia Betta Congress?
Jitticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
Sam-BettaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitticus View Post
May I know who makes up Malaysia Betta Congress?
For more information please call Alfur at 98001351.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
jiabin
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-BettaLover View Post
For more information please call Alfur at 98001351.
you post the info but u dont know anything. is this a automated bot keying this?

also, named as Singapore Betta Congress, is this a team? or a company or what?
jiabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:27 AM   #5
Jitticus
Dragon

I'm really perplexed, because the name Malaysia Betta Congress suggests it is of Malaysian origin? I'm Malaysian and consider myself to be somewhat of an old timer in the scene, that's the reason why I'm asking.
Sorry if I seem nosy.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Xtreme Hobbist

Dear bros n sis ,we are here for the hobby .im sure everyone know Singapore Betta congress aka SBC as we hav organize few competition in Singapore .we hav a register company in Singapore We hav different country of ppl who join us and we are expanding our passion of this Betta hobby to every country .trying our best to bring this hobby to another level. Sorry for my poor English writing.
For more information on my company you can join us or you can call me directlly at 9800 1351 .Thank you everyone n hav a nice day.
Old 14-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #7
Jitticus
Dragon

It just doesn't seem right that a Malaysia Betta Congress suddenly appears and is a company(?) which is a subsidiary of SBC.

Put yourselves in our (Malaysian) shoes. People outside of Singapore and Malaysia would think that competition known as MBC Friendship Cup, is organized and run in Malaysia.
Furthermore, it would be participated predominantly by Singaporeans, naturally, as it is being held in Singapore, after all.
Finally, it would infer that Betta Society of Malaysia is incapable of organizing a competition for Malaysians and as such a competition needs to be held in Singapore and organized by Singaporeans.

Even if Malaysians residing in Singapore are the ones behind the formation of MBC (which I suspect should be the most plausible scenario), calling it a subsidiary of SBC would be akin to us setting up a branch known as Singapore Betta Society in Malaysia.

I know the intentions are good, but it really doesn't make sense to name it MBC Friendship Cup when it could very well just be Singapore Betta Congress Friendship Cup.

This sets a dangerous precedence as Singapore is a country which is home to many nationalities. Would the next thing be Indonesia Betta Congress (Subsidiary of SBC) or Thailand Betta Congress (Subsidiary of SBC) be next in line?

Please understand that I am not out to stir up trouble, but I'd like my arguments to be heard. I feel my arguments have been put in a diplomatic and solid manner. Should anyone want to rebuke my arguments, please be diplomatic as well. After all, I consider many betta players in the Singapore scene as my friends.
Old 14-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
amkbettafan
Dragon

Bro Jetticus, I can understand where you coming from. As an ex Malaysian, I find this rather perplex. Am sure the organizer has good intention. But, the execution can be mis interpreted by outsiders and those not familiar with the original intent.

Never attended any competiton but got go see see look look only, so far
amkbettafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
Xtreme Hobbist

My dear bros ,I understand what u think cos I hav received 30 over phone calls from our Singapore and Malaysia site from this post.i know your good intention but why can't you call me so I can explain to you perseonly cos my English is poor.thk you very much.btw if u live near J B area I can go up and have coffee with you regarding this matter.my treat no problem .we are here for this wonderful hobby.sorry for my poor English my number 98001351
Old 15-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
BeTtA_GeNe
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Hobbist View Post
My dear bros ,I understand what u think cos I hav received 30 over phone calls from our Singapore and Malaysia site from this post.i know your good intention but why can't you call me so I can explain to you perseonly cos my English is poor.thk you very much.btw if u live near J B area I can go up and have coffee with you regarding this matter.my treat no problem .we are here for this wonderful hobby.sorry for my poor English my number 98001351
He stay kl lol
BeTtA_GeNe is offline   Reply With Quote